Diablew Tune on Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
I don't know the tuner you're referencing but...... The Diablo intune will run you $370 on a good day... The Diablo trinity will run you $600 on a good day...

That means you're probably getting the intune and your "tune" is costing you $100... Think about it a minute.... $100 for a CUSTOM tune.... 95% of my shoes cost more than $100... Do you really think you're going to get a true custom tune for $100???

If you truly are, you Sir, have found the unicorn the world has been searching for and I congratulate you...

My thought is, you've found a shop who will take a custom tune they have on file, look at your emailed data and adjust the timing on their "saved" tune to prevent detonation.... Then email it to you..

Will it work?? hell yeah. Just about any tune is probably better than the factory tune... Is it custom for your driving style, mods, type of fuel, etc? I doubt it... But hey, like I said, maybe you found the unicorn......

And again- I loved the Diablo. But I also had a $300+ tune on it that took numerous versions to get what I wanted... Maybe I was/am super **** about how it drove... However, it was a Hemi and I wanted it to act like one.....

Lew is his name, and he's pretty big for the trucks. I get what you're saying, but the same thing could be applied to the BB tunes. Unless there's somewhere I'm not looking, all of the Autocals I've found are north of $600. I don't think BB is paying me to do my tune. That's my primary question I guess. What does BB do, that Diablew doesn't, if anything?

It sounds like you think it would be best to go with the guy that's local to me. It would be a street tune as there isn't an AWD dyno around me.

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I have had both tuners, Diablo and Black Bear but never a Diablew tune. The Black Bear was on my old 2001 Yukon but for the 2011 Denali I picked up a used Diablo Intune for $200. I liked my custom datalog BB tune and the option to activate the E-fans. For the Denali I wanted the option to adjust parameters easier than shipping the ECM to BB and back. I think for a stock pre-loaded tune they are comparable but for the datalog versions can be determined by dynos. I think either tune will work great and I know there are more people running HP and EFI than Diablo CMR/Trinity.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at these too. Planned on going with black bear but curious why the diablew tune states they don't tune anything with a supercharger, medium to large cam, or turbos through email. Is that pretty standard for tuners? Too difficult to do through email or just diablew?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at these too. Planned on going with black bear but curious why the diablew tune states they don't tune anything with a supercharger, medium to large cam, or turbos through email. Is that pretty standard for tuners? Too difficult to do through email or just diablew?

Its besto to have a local dyno tune if you have all those major type modifications

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lew is his name, and he pretty big for the trucks. I get what you're saying, but the same thing could be applied to the BB tunes. Unless there's somewhere I'm not looking, all of the Autocals I've found are north of $600. I don't think BB is paying me to do my tune. That's my primary question I guess. What does BB do, that Diablew doesn't, if anything?

If sounds like you think it would be best to go with the guy that's local to me. It would be a street tune as there isn't an AWD dyno around me.

Personally, I've always preferred an in person tune.... However, I was running a modified car... If you're just looking for a small adjustment, I don't see where an email tune would hurt....

Again, it's a Yukon. Not an SS Camaro. So I'm sure an emailed tune works great... I've just never seen a ton of good coming out of an inexperienced person plugging a tuner in and making adjustments.....

So... I've always went the route of having an experienced person making experienced changes. I'm sure you'll be fine either way... It isn't like you have a cam, SC or turbo with aftermarket heads...

So just flip the coin and enjoy the ride!!!

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its besto to have a local dyno tune if you have all those major type modifications

I figured that. I don't have those mods but just curious if it had anything to do with the tuner or software. Being from a very rural south Arkansas town, getting a local dyno tune is not even available. At least not within 200 miles to my knowledge.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
I ended up going in a completely different direction and grabbing HP Tuners. I'll load it with a tune and slowly tweak it myself.

Agent WD-40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated on the process and how difficult the software is to learn and use.

Do you purchase a tune to use as a baseline or do you start from scratch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts