Denali with 18” wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010GMCYD

Reaction score
2010 Denali AWD here.

I’m in the market for new wheels; currently have 20s. Rather than stay with 20s or go up to 22s, I’m considering going down to 18s in an attempt to further soften the already smooth ride.

I’m wondering if anyone put 18s on their Denali, what size tires they went with and how much it changed the ride if at all. Any pics would be greatly appreciated!

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my never sees off-road, my 18's and Nitto all weather tires, ride beautifully. Stock look keeps the local police from giving a white Tahoe a second glance, I don't need to drive a ticket machine, 18's do everything I need. Personal preference, my Tahoe, my choice lol.....

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Denali AWD like yours. Mine came stock with 22’s and I stepped down to 20’s last year. While they may not look as pretty as the 22’s due to the larger fender gap, they are better on gas, don’t have as much road noise and still feel like riding on a cloud. That is if your suspension and other components are in good shape (front and rear sway bar links, bushings, upper and lower ball joints, steering shaft, motor mounts, shocks, struts, ride height sensors, compressor).
Granted this doesn’t answer your question about 18’s other than personal opinion of it looking a little odd without it being lowered.
Whichever route you choose, make sure to post some photos and let us know what you went with and how it’s riding.
*one big thing to add, the brand of tire you choose will play a big role in the sound and feel of the overall ride.

OP
OP
2010GMCYD

2010GMCYD

Reaction score
Decided to stick with my 20's for now and get new needed rubber in time for winter.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 Denali AWD here.

I’m in the market for new wheels; currently have 20s. Rather than stay with 20s or go up to 22s, I’m considering going down to 18s in an attempt to further soften the already smooth ride.

I’m wondering if anyone put 18s on their Denali, what size tires they went with and how much it changed the ride if at all. Any pics would be greatly appreciated!
The earliest Denalis came with 18s. You can put 17s on it if you want. Stock size 18s are 265-65-18.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you check out the bone yards-you might locate a set of OE 18's from the SUV or Trucks. I did the 20" Silverado wheel in black but in researching wheels from OE-I found there are 18" variants of the same wheel.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
So as OP asked im wanting to do the same, 08 Denali XL but i want to do the swap because i want to do an overland build. I want 18s because i can fit a thicker tire for offroad fun. Ive read alot that serious offroading im better off with smaller rims and thicker tires. I was thinking 33s on 18s is this possible or which route would be better?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 came with 18’s. They were just plain ugly so they had to go. I’d bet you can find some at a used tire store.

Lsnoob13

Reaction score
My 07 came with 18’s. They were just plain ugly so they had to go. I’d bet you can find some at a used tire store.
Denali with 18? I wasn't sure if they would fit since they come with bigger rotors and calipers. But if they fit ill put some on since i do plan on an overland build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks