Denali subwoofer and amp install 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be tricky putting a sub under the 2nd row captians since they flip up and slide back and forth, there is a fair amount of mechanical stuff under there.

To the OP, there is definitely room to mount an amp under the floor in the cargo area, and it might allow you to run your power supply wires outside the vehicle, along the frame, to the rear then come in through the floor. But, as for where to put the sub...thats a tougher call.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a Kicker HS10. If I can't fit it under one of the seats, I'll just put it in the cargo area and remove it when I need the space. It has a quick connect so it'll be a quick removal/reinstall when I have to.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the new 2021+ trucks. But just my 2cents. I wouldn’t even consider installing any amp off that fuse box. The risk of overloading that wire and ruining something down the line wouldn’t be worth it. I’d just run 4g OFC to the battery and call it a day. You’ll always have room to upgrade again if needed. I imagine you’ll never need to step into the 0 gauge realm unless you’re gonna go really high end with the Audio system

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t know much about the new 2021+ trucks. But just my 2cents. I wouldn’t even consider installing any amp off that fuse box. The risk of overloading that wire and ruining something down the line wouldn’t be worth it. I’d just run 4g OFC to the battery and call it a day. You’ll always have room to upgrade again if needed. I imagine you’ll never need to step into the 0 gauge realm unless you’re gonna go really high end with the Audio system
Agree. For me, getting the power from the battery will be the easiest part of the install. Now just need to figure out how to get signal and where to connect the remote wire.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. For me, getting the power from the battery will be the easiest part of the install. Now just need to figure out how to get signal and where to connect the remote wire.

Any input from others that have added on an additional amp to power a sub setup would be grand. Is my logic correct that an LC2i will be required to get the remote source (and use a jumper into the power to allow the LC2i to turn on when the Yukon starts) from the Bose amp? If so, do we happen to know which colored wires are to be used for the remote wire source from the Bose amp?

I will be running power straight from the battery due to how I know I am...always wanting more. For now, I feel that the only lacking part of the stock audio system is the bass aspect <hence the reason for the LCi2 vs an LC7i. But if down the road I want to upgrade the satellites, at least the power/remote will be ready.

Initial though:
1 Audio Control LC2i
2 Sundown X8 D2
1 Sundown SAE-3000D

#HairTricks

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any input from others that have added on an additional amp to power a sub setup would be grand. Is my logic correct that an LC2i will be required to get the remote source (and use a jumper into the power to allow the LC2i to turn on when the Yukon starts) from the Bose amp? If so, do we happen to know which colored wires are to be used for the remote wire source from the Bose amp?

I will be running power straight from the battery due to how I know I am...always wanting more. For now, I feel that the only lacking part of the stock audio system is the bass aspect <hence the reason for the LCi2 vs an LC7i. But if down the road I want to upgrade the satellites, at least the power/remote will be ready.

Initial though:
1 Audio Control LC2i
2 Sundown X8 D2
1 Sundown SAE-3000D

#HairTricks
Does the Sierra Denali have the same amp? Wonder if this would work? https://soundsgoodstereo.com/produc..._medium=notification_email&utm_source=spently

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like we have a winner here.

Sounds Good Stereo OnlineGot it, so just make sure your amplifier can handle 6v of input on the RCA side

000.JPG

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Are you going to order one? I see you've started to make some pretty nice vids. If you do get this, please do a video on your install!

Yep, moved higher up on my list. Not ready for audio just yet, but need to lay the pipework. Much thanks...and yes, a video will be made :)