Denali Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Piper Pilot

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered the Denali grill and will attempt to install. We are in the install Biz for Public Safety equipment so removing the front end plastics should not be too bad. I'll try to take pictures and document what needs to be done.
A quick look reveals inner fender well screws, top side molding screws and probably inner fender screws. Lots of hidden stuff that you can't see unless you remove other panels. This will also allow me access to the Pass side headlamp to change out the bulbs. Looks like you have to remove the airbox (Airfilter) to gain access to the pass side bulbs.

DragStripCourage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered the Denali grill and will attempt to install. We are in the install Biz for Public Safety equipment so removing the front end plastics should not be too bad. I'll try to take pictures and document what needs to be done.
A quick look reveals inner fender well screws, top side molding screws and probably inner fender screws. Lots of hidden stuff that you can't see unless you remove other panels. This will also allow me access to the Pass side headlamp to change out the bulbs. Looks like you have to remove the airbox (Airfilter) to gain access to the pass side bulbs.
Looking forward to seeing install feedback.. Any pics you can take along the way would be great.

Prormk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second that piper pilot. A full write up will help us all immensely.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is very easy.... I installed an OEM one last week on our XL SLT. It took just over an hour by myself. The only area that is tough and where you need to be careful are the tabs at each corner of the bumper just under the headlights where it attaches to the fender. once everything is unbolted the tabs still hold the skin on pretty tightly. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics of install.

I used the putco online instructions to determine what bolts needed to be removed.

http://www.realtruck.com/shared/pdf/manufacturers/2/270519b.pdf

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - A cordless drill for the 7mm and 10mm will save a lot of time vs a ratchet.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lamin-X film then get HIDs in the stock projectors?

Tint

Gunsmoke

y9ezuta5.jpg

yda6u9a6.jpg

I'm planning on doing the tint for the rear tails / upper brake and the front headlight housings, but want to leave an opening in the front of the actual high/low lens area.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17