Denali exhaust on a tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will the exhaust from my friends denali fit on my tahoe because he's considering going aftermarket and i'd really like to go back to stock but the denali would give me that little bit extra that i'm looking for.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
will the exhaust from my friends denali fit on my tahoe because he's considering going aftermarket and i'd really like to go back to stock but the denali would give me that little bit extra that i'm looking for.

What year is his Denali? If it is an '07 or newer, it will bolt up to your '07 without any modifications. You will love the upgrade! Go for it!

Last edited:

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
The difference in sound comes from the bigger motor, not the pipes. I feel like this stupid topic has been beaten to death in other threads. Just buy a cat-back or do a muffler swap and call it good.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Just buy a cat-back or do a muffler swap and call it good.

:Handshake:
Some of the shit on this forum day by day, I don't even bother to read them anymore, talkless of respond....

Last edited:

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
The difference in sound comes from the bigger motor, not the pipes. I feel like this stupid topic has been beaten to death in other threads. Just buy a cat-back or do a muffler swap and call it good.

Generally that is true, and it is a factor. However, the exhaust are in fact different. The Escalade/Denali exhaust has always been designed to sound louder. If you swap factory muffler and pipe with the Escalade one, which has a larger diameter pipe, it will without a doubt make it louder.

I know for a fact because I have done it twice. Once on my 04 6.0 Denali, and on an 07 Tahoe 5.3. It sounds a lot better.

If his friend is going to give him the exhaust, who cares? Why not do it? Not everyone wants a loud catback. I am aware they all aren't loud, but an OEM muffler is definitely going to be quieter than some catback.

OP
OP
L

Lil CacAzn Nick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have flowmaster 40 series and i dont like the rumble while i idle really. and i just felt like it drove better stock for some reason so i might just trade him exhausts. i just have to make sure they fit.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have flowmaster 40 series and i dont like the rumble while i idle really. and i just felt like it drove better stock for some reason so i might just trade him exhausts. i just have to make sure they fit.

Flowmaster mufflers have baffles which reduces flow and potential to reduce performance.

Also, if the stock Denali's piping is truly larger (switching exhausts designed for a 6.2L to 5.3L motor); the exhaust flow velocity will decrease, which will reduce exhaust scavenging, which will in turn create a potential to reduce performance.

If it's free, try it and report back. Remove that rear resonator while you are at it and it will sound better and a little louder.

Perhaps the results should be a sticky so new members do not need to search...

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Flowmaster mufflers have baffles which reduces flow and potential to reduce performance.

Also, if the stock Denali's piping is truly larger (switching exhausts designed for a 6.2L to 5.3L motor); the exhaust flow velocity will decrease, which will reduce exhaust scavenging, which will in turn create a potential to reduce performance.

If it's free, try it and report back. Remove that rear resonator while you are at it and it will sound better and a little louder.

Perhaps the results should be a sticky so new members do not need to search...

Yeah, the Denali's exhaust piping is larger. The Tahoe is 2.75" and the Denali is 3.5" Here is a pic of the piping at the resonator on an XL Denali. You can see how much larger it is.
2387962025_13a04952e9_b.jpg
This is Jerri from another forum's pic.

And the tahoe's. See, the pipe is smaller.
P1000015.jpg

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Denali's exhaust piping is larger. The Tahoe is 2.75" and the Denali is 3.5" Here is a pic of the piping at the resonator on an XL Denali.

The diameter is only 3.5" after the resonator, basically the tip. Yes the whole Denali exhaust piping is larger than the Tahoe's.

Like I said, if it's free try it and report back. I'm sure it will be louder and may sound better, but there will be a loss in performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA