Denali/Escalade cross rail removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACM

Reaction score
Searched the posts about this conversion but no luck...just scored a junkyard Denali rack with black end caps to match my Tahoe. It's sitting assembled in the rear seat/cargo area and I'd like to break it down for easier storage (didn't realize I'd need the two anchor nuts from the roof off of the Denali, those are coming this week from eBay) and to get it cleaned up a little bit. I have the thumbscrews loosened all the way up and the rails slid to the back as shown here:

162417908_2502442976731707_29850227370366288_n.png

But the cross rails are still refusing to slide off the back. Is there some kind of a trick to getting these off that I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
ACM

ACM

Reaction score
Never mind, just answered my own question - the rear molding pieces (the junkyard guy pulled the rack off all at once) each had a Torx screw that was retaining the cross rails.

Big Caesar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a link for those anchor nuts? I cannot find them for the life of me

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s also a small plastic tab directly at the end of the chrome stretch that you need to push down to allow the cross rail pieces to slide out of the rack.