Delivery transit times issues..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genemish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I ordered my '21 Tahoe RST Diesel in early April. Dealer finally got an allocation and it was built on 9/11. It left Arlington TX via rail on 9/14. I live in NJ and it's final destination is supposed to be Philadelphia. Guess what? It's STILL on rail bouncing around. It went through Kentucky, up to Pittsburg, then to Flint, then to Baltimore, then to Wilmington and now has been sitting outside Philly for 2 weeks. Dealer has been updating me almost daily. So it's been in transit for 7 weeks. Meanwhile, I know of 4 local NJ people that had theirs built after me and delivered in 3-4 weeks max.

Is there any course of action here? Supposedly it should be offloaded tomorrow (as per escalation to Union Pacific management)... Anyone else going through this crap?

Last edited:

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine sat on train in Romulus, MI for like 2 weeks before it finally got taken off and dropped at the dealer 25 minutes away

OP
OP
G

genemish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think mine sat on train in Romulus, MI for like 2 weeks before it finally got taken off and dropped at the dealer 25 minutes away
Right, I know there is a shortage of everything now.. drivers, conductors, etc etc etc. What does NOT make sense is how other units that were built after me made it here waaaaay before. They all follow the same route.

OP
OP
G

genemish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nightmare goes on.. Now GM is saying it'll be another 2 weeks before its at the dealer. All this while it's sitting on the train 2 miles outside the final destination rail yard. What a clusterf*k. If only GM allowed factory pickups...

Wileybird03

Reaction score
Nightmare goes on.. Now GM is saying it'll be another 2 weeks before its at the dealer. All this while it's sitting on the train 2 miles outside the final destination rail yard. What a clusterf*k. If only GM allowed factory pickups...
Then they can’t charge the 12-1800$ “designation charge” Seen that on my invoice was like WTF! Can’t imagine how much money they make off a load of cars for there “destination charge”. Then the 499$ paper charge.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Destination charges are what they are though. All the stuff we buy doesn't magically grow on trees in the backyard of the stores we buy it at. Somehow, someone has to hire a trucker to get stuff from factory to dealer, storage costs, and labor in between. And the farther it is the more likely it will make multiple stops along the way, and also means there could also be deconsolidating and reconsolidating here and there, too. Passing the buck + markup.

I feel for ya though. 2 miles outside of the dealership is begging for a small side trip to go make a "visit". Good luck @genemish, hope you get it soon.

jgeorgeunc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hate you are going through this. Sounds like my same ordeal. Put a deposit on an RST back in August that was already ordered by the dealer. Was told it was going to be here at the beginning of Oct. Still no delivery and it is waiting on "Quality Control" in Arlington. It has sat in Quality since September 6th. The worse part.......they already processed my purchase order paperwork including financing (that was supposed to be held until delivery). So now I am paying a car payment for a vehicle that I have no clue when it will be delivered.

OP
OP
G

genemish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh man @jgeorgeunc. That's terrible. How/why did they do financing that early?

I was told that "quality control" = missing part. Perhaps chip?

Today I got word that it finally made it to the final destination rail yard in Philly and that it should be at the dealer within a week. I told the General Manager at the dealership that if there is no transport assigned to it by Monday, I want them to go get it from the yard on Tuesday.

jsal52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is when I tell the dealer he can remove the destination charge that GM can make it right. Some delay is expected but GM seems to think since there is a shortage they don’t have to make customers happy. They don’t understand if we go elsewhere now then many of us don’t ever come back to GM. That’s how I got to GM and the other brand we own - Nissan regional had bad service on known issues one time too many.

jsal52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hate you are going through this. Sounds like my same ordeal. Put a deposit on an RST back in August that was already ordered by the dealer. Was told it was going to be here at the beginning of Oct. Still no delivery and it is waiting on "Quality Control" in Arlington. It has sat in Quality since September 6th. The worse part.......they already processed my purchase order paperwork including financing (that was supposed to be held until delivery). So now I am paying a car payment for a vehicle that I have no clue when it will be delivered.
That’s not legal in most places. I’d call your local consumer action agency or state attorney general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9