debadging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is nothing new, but I figured I would give back to the forum and post this so any newbies like me wouldn't have to search old posts to do this.

Like most people here, I used a 3M Stripe Off Wheel w/hardware.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0649043397&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It made it super easy to take off the adhesive and I was able to do doors and rear in about 30 min. It helped a lot using a heat gun to heat up the adhesive before using fishing line to remove. Heat around emblem until hot to the touch (about 5 secs with a good heat gun)

mytahoe024.jpg
mytahoe026.jpg
mytahoe031.jpg
mytahoe029.jpg
mytahoe032.jpg
mytahoe047.jpg

3M Stripe wheel:
mytahoe034.jpg

Last edited:

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get rrrr done... some cleaner wax, and lighter fuel for a grill works nice. use some liquid wax after. Got those door guards off too.

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, so much better looking without the badges and moldings. I removed all my badges/moldings but I think I may have been a little too aggressive on the moldings and some paint chipped off the doors. :emotions122:
Ill repaint it when I start school again and fix the dents and dings I found under the moldings... :wtf2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick