Dealer not honoring warranty work..2018 5.3 Yukon issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM loves arbitrage because it does not cost them anything, there are no risks for them and as Bob pointed out 90% of people will not go through that. I am at 112 pages of evidence at the moment. Had to substantiated every complaint with clear evidence per BBB rules. It is my payback to this excellent community - what is the value of arbitrage to car owners.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3-way pre-arbitrage call with BBB and GM Lemon Law team was not friendly at all. GM side was condescending, dismissive and disinterested. They said dealers looked into your car, we trust our dealers - no codes, no issues to repair. I asked what do I do now? Go to court or arbitrage? They responded by saying "do not threaten us with court, we will drown you in paperwork"... I chose arbitrage because BBB folks were genuinely helpful.

They told you that? Smh. Let us know what happens!

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just insane what your going through. I think the next car I get I will lease. Never had in my life, it’s more expensive, but after 2 or 3 years it’s gone. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The process of Arbitration is pretty brief, it is all based on the test drive with the Arbitrator if he can witness the problem or not. You have 5 mins to show the problem with him in the passenger seat. In my case the issue comes up stronger after I drive for 10-20 mins and engine fully warmed up. In 5 minutes around the block the transmission did not reach 180 degrees when I usually get the worst misses. Not sure if he felt it or not, I did. Judging by questions I was asked they wanted to know if car left me stranded or unable to drive. GM's position is that warranty does not cover minor shakes and vibration, they are normal and happen with all vehicles, they requested to deny the repairs.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The process of Arbitration is pretty brief, it is all based on the test drive with the Arbitrator if he can witness the problem or not. You have 5 mins to show the problem with him in the passenger seat. In my case the issue comes up stronger after I drive for 10-20 mins and engine fully warmed up. In 5 minutes around the block the transmission did not reach 180 degrees when I usually get the worst misses. Not sure if he felt it or not, I did. Judging by questions I was asked they wanted to know if car left me stranded or unable to drive. GM's position is that warranty does not cover minor shakes and vibration, they are normal and happen with all vehicles, they requested to deny the repairs.

Didn't you have a chance to warm that thing up before the drive?

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda makes me second guess buying another GM product in the future with how the OP has been treated by GM. They make big bucks from all of the new vehicles they sell, the least they could do is try and make him happy, or at the minimum refund the money he's sank into this vehicle. If GM attitude is that poor, I don't see the point in supporting them when it's time for a new vehicle. What ever happened to CUSTOMER first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts