Dealer not honoring warranty work..2018 5.3 Yukon issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you tried. Keep all records, notes with time and dates... everything you possibly can. If this turns into a major repair as a result of them dismissing a minor adjustment/small repair, at least you can prove you did more than your fair part in trying. You might wanna keep your fuel receipts and only use top tier fuels exclusively in case they try to pin that on you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see it like this, they are not finding anything out of spec, until they do then you either have to pay out of pocket for the repair or wait until it is out of the spec limit for them take care of it.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I understand that they "did not find" anything out of spec. Independent GM-certified mechanic measured and documented the problem in writing. I wonder if it is worth it to take it to the small court. The car does rough idle two independent GM-certified and ASE-certified mechanics documented it, but dealer is pretty much free to say "in spec" to anything and they can invent these specs since these specs are not shared anywhere...

I see it like this, they are not finding anything out of spec, until they do then you either have to pay out of pocket for the repair or wait until it is out of the spec limit for them take care of it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I understand that they "did not find" anything out of spec. Independent GM-certified mechanic measured and documented the problem in writing. I wonder if it is worth it to take it to the small court. The car does rough idle two independent GM-certified and ASE-certified mechanics documented it, but dealer is pretty much free to say "in spec" to anything and they can invent these specs since these specs are not shared anywhere...
no they do have guidelines to follow from GM, if it is operating within those specifications then it is not to be repaired or replaced otherwise they do not get compensated by GM, you might be able to get GM to do it as a customer satisfaction type of thing but you would need to take the complaint to GM not the dealer, then if or when GM sends you back to the dealer with authorization you are good to go. If it is operating within GM specifications it's out of the dealers hands

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

GM is right with regards to the injectors. The test results show all of Bank2 injectors delivering more fuel and as the GM techs states, this could be because of the temperature at which the test was performed. When one bank of cylinders is delivering more fuel than the other, it's usually a sign of something wrong in one of the banks. Consider each side a separate 4 cylinder engine. One of them may have a vacuum or exhaust leak/problem.

What does "rough idle" mean? Can you post a video for us?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to ask for advice from folks here. My truck has rough idle. It has been to the dealers 4 times now, their diagnostic - "all within GM spec" . Took to an independent but GM-certified mechanic, they quickly measured injector balance using GM equipment, documented and tried again with the dealer to get bank 2 injectors replaced... Well no dice. Dealer says, do not care what that GM-certified mechanic wrote, in my tests (they refuse to disclose what tests they did) but all within "GM spec".
Any thoughts on where to go, truck is 8months old and in full warranty... I already regret buying GM-made vehicle but depreciation is mad on American cars to trade it in...
if it really has a "rough" idle you can pick up in a probed smog test.. because it will be running lean or very rich..

you will need proof that there is emissions cheating it will help your court case (there is no small claims for this) unless you lemon law it..

also GM spec is with in the tier 3 epa (2018+) Emissions output... could be a glitch or break in period(mile timer) preventing the CEL.. so it will be super easy to exceed it if has an issue

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have the bottle test recorded but will do this weekend. However here is when I caught the dip/miss while ODB measuring RPM

GM is right with regards to the injectors. The test results show all of Bank2 injectors delivering more fuel and as the GM techs states, this could be because of the temperature at which the test was performed. When one bank of cylinders is delivering more fuel than the other, it's usually a sign of something wrong in one of the banks. Consider each side a separate 4 cylinder engine. One of them may have a vacuum or exhaust leak/problem.

What does "rough idle" mean? Can you post a video for us?

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, but how do I do probed smog test?

if it really has a "rough" idle you can pick up in a probed smog test.. because it will be running lean or very rich..

you will need proof that there is emissions cheating it will help your court case (there is no small claims for this) unless you lemon law it..

also GM spec is with in the tier 3 epa (2018+) Emissions output... could be a glitch or break in period(mile timer) preventing the CEL.. so it will be super easy to exceed it if has an issue

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
take it to another dealer, any gm dealer can work on it cadillac, gmc, chevy, hummer, etc.
i wouldn't even mention having it previously worked on, just tell them it's doing "this" and let them deal with it.
less headache that way.....

Funny you mention this, I was floating around checking if my 2015 Tahoe was covered, and I found this. And I wonder as my truck will be 5 years old, and I have to assume that once it is complete, I fall outside of my 5 year 100.00 mile coverage ? Recall # N19226050

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2014 – 2018 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles equipped with four-wheel drive, a 5.3-liter engine, and a 3.08-ratio rear axle, and certain 2015 – 2020 model year Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Tahoe, and GMC Yukon equipped with four-wheel drive, a 5.3-liter engine, and a 3.08-ratio rear axle. If a wheel-speed sensor fails in these vehicles, a software error in the vehicle’s electronic-brake control module (EBCM) can cause the vehicle’s driveline-protection system to activate when (i) the vehicle’s electronic transfer case is set to four-wheel drive or automatic mode, and (ii) the vehicle is driven between the speeds of 41 and 60 MPH. If the driveline-protection system activates, the driver will experience unintended braking on the wheel on the opposite side of the failed sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos