De-badge issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95tahoe

Reaction score
hey all im attempting to debage and de mold so i decided i would try first of all on my tailgate. so i heated/ fishing lined first followed by the 3m stripe off wheel. thing works great! the problem is that along the edges where the badge was its dark almost black. by the way my truck is emerald green. is there a logical explaination for this ? i just dont want to do the whole truck and have it look like this.
any imput is greatly appreaciated
thanks

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it smooth with the paint or raised where you can feel the black edge? if you can feel it its most likely dirt and grime that has built up over the last 15 years, try some goo-gone or similar product.

i had to scrub a bit behind the tahoe badge on the tailgate when i took it off, cleaned, waxed, can't tell it was there.

OP
OP

95tahoe

Reaction score
it appears to be smooth. maybe tomorrow i will work at it a bit and see if it will come out. did you find the paint behind the moldings cleaned up a bit easier?

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was similar to what you are describing. used a lot of goo gone, washed the truck, drove around, more goo gone, washed, used that scratch out stuff, washed, and it eventually faded. Oh, also did a good wash, buff and wax too

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey man no need in goo gone. ive debadged alot of trucks from brand new to old as hell. not a fan of turtle wax but there polishing compound eats what your talking about right off with no surface scratches. i use it right after the 3m wheel even if there is nothing there. its cheap and works... cant beat it

Ced

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same problem with my 01 red tahoe. when i debadged the back door, there was a white smooth spot behind it. that was the only spot that did it. :emotions122:

OP
OP

95tahoe

Reaction score
after i finally did it I did have some paint peel right behind my rear wheel. the paint didnt stick when they repainted that section and there going to warranty it for me. the 3m wheel took it all off the rest of the truck no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny

Latest posts