Howdy from DFW - New Avalanche Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the color! My Dad had an orange '72 C20. We had a slide in camper and I remember a lot of travel in it when I was a young lad. Welcome from Orlando.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon guys! I'm Tim and wanted to introduce myself to y'all. I just picked up this 2011 Avalanche with 122k miles 4 weeks ago and have enjoyed scouring this forum for info. It's a two owner truck that was pretty meticulously maintained. The most recent owner was an elderly couple so it's got it's share of nicks and scrapes typical of "parking by braille" but is in great shape otherwise.

I've already done quite a bit since I bought it. First thing was a dash cover from Dashskin, I used a plastic stapler on all the cracks before installing the cover and I'm very happy with how it turned out, especially the reduction in rattles. Then came an Ebay special, stock looking CarPlay stereo and polishing out the cloudy passenger headlight with a 3M kit. Then leds for the interior lights and the best floor mats you can buy, 3D Maxpider mats. The biggest change was just wrapped up last night. I had the entire front suspension rebuilt with Moog components and had a Belltech 753 SP drop installed while they were at it set at 3" drop in the front and 4" in the back. Still have lots to do like touching up all the scratches and doing a paint correction along with ceramic coating but that'll come once the weather finally cools off here. Lots more planned as money and time allow.

It seems like build threads are pretty common here so I'll get one started before too long to chronicle all the changes. I'm looking forward to spending more time here.

Here's a pic from the dealership.
View attachment 409865

Here's how it sits now. You'll have to excuse how dirty it is.
View attachment 409866
Good choice. This is best body style for avalanches I despise the ones with the plastic cladding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan