Dash Skin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lots of reading here:

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it and love it. I think I did it in July and haven't had any issues with it. I live in Florida so I also have a dash cover over it to help keep the sun off it. Definitely worth it to me.
My dash had a big hole in it. Now it looks brand new. My interior look far better now. I just need to get a new pad and cover on the driver seat. Outside is another story.

20220512_103348.jpg
20220706_184006.jpg
20220820_121815.jpg

Robochop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone put on a molded dash skin over the existing dash? One like this:
https://dashskin.com/95-96-gm-truck#143=172

If so, how did it work out?
I also bought one of these for my 2009 Yukon. It has had 2 airbag recalls and they dealer screws up the dash even more and of course they won't replace it. It looks good, but I'm wondering what kind of adhesive to use? I live in Virginia Beach and it's hot in the summer. I don't want the adhesive to leak out when it gets warmed up from the sun! I have a nice weight set I can use to keep it weighed down while curing the adhesive. I just don't know what kind to use? Thanks, Robo

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also bought one of these for my 2009 Yukon. It has had 2 airbag recalls and they dealer screws up the dash even more and of course they won't replace it. It looks good, but I'm wondering what kind of adhesive to use? I live in Virginia Beach and it's hot in the summer. I don't want the adhesive to leak out when it gets warmed up from the sun! I have a nice weight set I can use to keep it weighed down while curing the adhesive. I just don't know what kind to use? Thanks, Robo
They sell the adhesive on the dashskin website. https://dashskin.com/glue I should add that I live in Florida and haven't had any issue with heat. If you watch the install videos, you will see that you don't use a lot of glue in one spot and it doesn't show putting the glue all that close to the edges. Follow the instructions and you shouldn't have any issues.

Last edited: