Dash camera - best routing for power in yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone figure out a good routing path for aftermarket dash cams, radar detectors, or other USB powered devices on the yukon denali? Going from the rear-view mirror and around the windshield down to wherever I can plug in without leaving any wires exposed.

Looks like either into the center console arm rest or into the smaller front center console flip hatch USB's. How is this accomplished the easiest?

Reaction score
Some on here have tapped into the mirror harness. I don't have any details on that.

I tucked mine under the edge of the headliner across drivers side, down the A-pillar panel (removes easily, 1 bolt) and into underside of dash near top of fuse panel. My hardwire 5v kit is plugged into the upfitter power block, located to left of brake pedal with black plastic cover. I'm able to get switched power, RAP power, constant power, and ground from there as needed.

Make sure when running it down the A-pillar that it goes behind the side curtain airbag and not in front of it.

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good mention about placing the wiring behind the airbag :) Oddly enough, thought I was posted this atop the 2015-2020 forum - Oops

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good mention about placing the wiring behind the airbag :) Oddly enough, thought I was posted this atop the 2015-2020 forum - Oops
on the 15+ you can connect it to the airbag indicator light in the roof console, the mirror harness on the 15+ only has about 8 volts which is not enough.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radar is mounted to my rear view mirror stalk and wired to the mirrors wires also.
My dash cam runs along the headliner, pops back out for the motion sensor, then back up into the headliner, down the a pillar, behinds the fuse box, and has an obd connector, so I don’t have to tap or splice any factory wiring. Just plug into your obd2 port, zip tie excess wires to random bracing etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My radar is mounted to my rear view mirror stalk and wired to the mirrors wires also.
My dash cam runs along the headliner, pops back out for the motion sensor, then back up into the headliner, down the a pillar, behinds the fuse box, and has an obd connector, so I don’t have to tap or splice any factory wiring. Just plug into your obd2 port, zip tie excess wires to random bracing etc.
You are probably running your radar on low voltage then because the mirror harness only provides 8-10v, to get 12v you have to go up into the console where the airbag light is, I tried the mirror wiring and my valentine one freaked out thought something was wrong with it until I checked the exact voltage and found out why.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run a valentine one also. Maybe because the Escalade has the rear view camera mirror, maybe it has more voltage?I don’t know but it’s two pins in the harness, black and purple/pink I believe

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uniden R3 here - mounted top left of glass, wired down the A pillar to a switched circuit in the side fuse panel, and a rocker switch in place of my console 12v outlet (it's a direct fit under the flip top).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287