D-pillar replacement vent (not the cover)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Reaction score
Can't find the correct name for these anywhere. I'm not looking for the exterior cover, I'm looking for the piece that goes under them.

Black plastic thing with little rubber flaps to release cabin pressure or something. Mine are missing several of the flaps and I occasionally have to travel on gravel. The entire truck fills up with dust because these stupid things obviously don't seal correctly with missing parts/rubber flaps. Anyone know a part number or the correct name for them?

Thanks!!

D pillar vent.jpg

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
curious as to how it came to be missing pieces? but you could just tape off that one side if you really need to, it just releases the pressure when you shut the doors, one side open should be fine, you might feel a little more air pressure inside when shutting the doors, if you have a dealer nearby you could go in the parts department with your vin number and see if they can look it up on the computer, otherwise a premium junk yard.

OP
OP
oneradride

oneradride

Reaction score
Just like I thought... out of 9 holes/ports whatever, TWO of them were covered and both of those fell off as soon as I touched it. Of course there's no part number to be found anywhere on it either... ugh :(

20180418_123840.jpg 20180418_125121.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
oneradride

oneradride

Reaction score
Thanks Mark! I need both sides, my fear is used ones will do exactly the same thing in a very short period of time. I ended up getting 2 new ones from gmpartsgiant.com. Even with shipping it was almost 30 bucks less than the dealer (who would have also had to order them).

vents.jpg

Malii Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just like I thought... out of 9 holes/ports whatever, TWO of them were covered and both of those fell off as soon as I touched it. Of course there's no part number to be found anywhere on it either... ugh :(

View attachment 197165 View attachment 197166
Hopefully someone can help me in this thread… I have a similar issue but with exhaust fumes getting into the cabin when I’m idling. Do you just pull them off to remove them or are they fastened with any screws or hardware? I tried to take mine off to bring it with me to the dealer but mine seemed fixed on there pretty good.

crosstalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me in this thread… I have a similar issue but with exhaust fumes getting into the cabin when I’m idling. Do you just pull them off to remove them or are they fastened with any screws or hardware? I tried to take mine off to bring it with me to the dealer but mine seemed fixed on there pretty good.
So they are not exhaust vents?

I have a 2004 Tahoe where a previous owner had the tailpipe extended to make sure the exhaust fumes escaped the body when idling.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are cabin air pressure vents for when a door is closed, windows open, blower on, etc. They must flap fairly rapidly sometimes during their life and just fall apart. I had the same issue of dust intrusion while overlanding my 2008 Denali. Traced it back to the rear hatch area and found what OP did. I just used masking tape to seal it at the time. It worked, but you'll get an ear pop when you have pressure changes in the cabin while driving. Also cured the low speed exhaust smell issue too.

I'd just put in new OEM for $80 and be done with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz