Custom Muffler Shop In Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here heard of or know of Kinney's Muffler Shop in Wataug (Ft. Worth) Texas?

I want to have a custom exhaust system built for my 2009 Tahoe LTZ with the L9H 6.2L Engine and cannot find any manufacturer who makes anything to fit.
Probably because only 620 were made and in 2009 only.

This place has a big web site and claims to be able to fabricate a custom exhaust that has some better sound while having no drone while cruising.
I do not have to worry about the cylinder deactivation as the L9H does not have it, but I do not want any drone while cruising at highway speeds..

I am really trying to find some place to do this for me as I live in Victoria, Texas a small town but can drive to most anywhere to have not a good system, but a great exhaust system built. I can go to this place or Houston, San Antonio or anywhere, so if you have a recommendation, let me know.

He uses several brands of exhaust, but the Pro Flo is what he says he uses for the Tahoe, Yukon, Denali & Escalade.. has video with sound that really sounds good and interior sound track with Zero drone..

Any information from anybody in the Metroplex or anyone else who has used Kinney's or knows about them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thirdcoast

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just look up the plethora of different mufflers made for all the other 6.2L trucks made for GMT900 vehicles?

OP
OP
thirdcoast

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exhaust System

Because I do not want a hodgepodge exhaust..

I want an exhaust SYSTEM built with the right sound and NO DRONE with out having to experiment with different mufflers.

TC

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at corsa if you want a full stainless cat back that bolts Right in and doesn't drone.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here heard of or know of Kinney's Muffler Shop in Wataug (Ft. Worth) Texas?

I want to have a custom exhaust system built for my 2009 Tahoe LTZ with the L9H 6.2L Engine and cannot find any manufacturer who makes anything to fit.
Probably because only 620 were made and in 2009 only.

This place has a big web site and claims to be able to fabricate a custom exhaust that has some better sound while having no drone while cruising.
I do not have to worry about the cylinder deactivation as the L9H does not have it, but I do not want any drone while cruising at highway speeds..

I am really trying to find some place to do this for me as I live in Victoria, Texas a small town but can drive to most anywhere to have not a good system, but a great exhaust system built. I can go to this place or Houston, San Antonio or anywhere, so if you have a recommendation, let me know.

He uses several brands of exhaust, but the Pro Flo is what he says he uses for the Tahoe, Yukon, Denali & Escalade.. has video with sound that really sounds good and interior sound track with Zero drone..

Any information from anybody in the Metroplex or anyone else who has used Kinney's or knows about them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thirdcoast

I have seen all those videos. He is using the pro flo but those are not stainless steel and will rot in a few

Someone correct me if I am wrong

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Big oval

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

6ana4yme.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Aluminiumized steel rots from the inside out in experience.

I have had blow masters and ****** exhaust mufflers before

Never again its junk imo

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

[yt]cegnsZKeQM4[/yt]

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

[yt]o5On20tD9Sw[/yt]

chrisreed822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenny's is pretty well known in this area. I've never personally had any work done there but I know a few people that have and they love it. But surely there is someone in the Houston area that is just as good if not better that wouldn't be near as far as driving 5 hours to get exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had these guys suggested to me when I was looking for an exhaust fabricator in the Houston Area for our autocross car:

Metalcraftracing.com

Weird, though, that when I go to their web site now, I get a 'pageok' and that's all. They're in northwest Harris County. I've never used them, nor seen their work. They seem to specialize in bikes and hot rods.

If you're heading further north, to the DFW area, I'd give Vorshlag a try:

http://www.vorshlag.com/index.php?cPath=1

They do custom fab work on street and race cars (they have a bunch of LS-based 'kits' they sell and install in all sorts of things). Summer time is usually their slack time. I've seen their work, and it is top-notch. Haven't paid them a visit, yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSurfer5300