Custom CB Install - 07 Tahoe - Bearcat 980 SSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Livewire18

Livewire18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It has been working out great so far. I have some samples of some different brush alluminum laminate coming also. This way, I can try to get a closer match to the stock finish.

I have been able to (from Illinois) listen in on some transmissions from California. It was on the low side band, so it must have been a good skip day.

Next project will be do design a cover for it, so that when I don't have the mic connected, I can hide it from theiving eyes. Not sure how I will do that yet though.

OP
OP
Livewire18

Livewire18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ezdaar... GREAT idea. I hadn't even thought of that, but will look into it now.

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good installed. YOU must have small fingers to mount your ant. mount ? it gives me a idea how to mount my ham radio,scanner,ant.

OP
OP
Livewire18

Livewire18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tiny fingers... no. Severe PIA yes. It took me about 2 hours because I kept dropping the stud mount

KWyer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am in the process of mounting my amateur radio antennas this way and will update with pics as the project progresses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157