Crutchfield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not very good when it comes to electronics. I was told that if I purchase a new stereo off Crutchfield that they would send a wiring harness to make the install pretty much plug and play. I don't want to have to splice wires. Can anyone confirm this? And if you have purchased from Crutchfield, how was the experience?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t remember if they were free or not but they do sell the harness adapter. It will usually pop up when you select the radio. Makes everything easier.

I’ve had no issues with them.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think splicing is pretty much needed no matter what. Just makes it easier with the adapter harness and not hacking up the factory wiring.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not very good when it comes to electronics. I was told that if I purchase a new stereo off Crutchfield that they would send a wiring harness to make the install pretty much plug and play. I don't want to have to splice wires. Can anyone confirm this? And if you have purchased from Crutchfield, how was the experience?
When you order a head unit they also have a link to all the install components you'll need. For an additional $25 they also offer a service where they'll splice everything together for you. pretty nice service and they do a pretty nice job. Essentially makes everything plug n play

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think splicing is pretty much needed no matter what. Just makes it easier with the adapter harness and not hacking up the factory wiring.

Oops, I guess my response was a bit vague there.

Swagfu- The adapter just means you don’t have to cut the factory wires but you will have to splice them adapter to the wires coming from the radio.

They’ll do it for you for a fee before they ship it to you.

B9FC6787-2929-4586-AF81-D1D1CA1BFC99.png

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done business with Crutchfield over the years, and I've always had a good experience with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9