Cruise control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ennis_D

Reaction score
Have the same issue in my 07 Denali. Replace the brake switch just a bit ago but still no cruise. ALL brake lights work and horn blows as well. Light comes on in the button for cruise on on the steering wheel button so I do not think I have a power supply problem to them.

Any thoughts? Is it a BCM issue?

EDIT: My cruise control now works. After installing the brake switch, the cruise started working the next day with no issues!

Last edited:

HoS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine stopped for about a week.
Been working since.

*knocks on wood*

eeehabt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it's not the brake switch, it will be the coil under the steering wheel airbag. Mine behaved exactly like yours. Everything was fine but the cruise control. The horn was OK. I hooked up my tech2 and drove it. At a U-Turn, the scanner showed that the cruise engaged and disengaged after I finished the turn. I changed the coil underneath the airbag and everything was back to normal. I hope that helps you Ennis_D .

Last edited:

TahoeTX

Reaction score
My cruise control has been out for about a year so I just changed out this brake switch and bam it's working again. The trickiest part is getting the clip off. Just know that the piece of the clip covering the dome shaped peg is what needs to be lifted up with a small flat head screwdriver. The top of he clip loops all the way over to the bottom of the peg.

I picked up the part from my local dealership for $20. You can still get it from ebay for $16.95, link posted below if you want to wait for shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311304515917

Thanks to all who commented on this post. It was great help. Thank you TYF!

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cruise control is not working on my 09 yukon xl denali. The button lights up on the steering wheel but never engages when trying to set it. I have already replaced the brake light switch which did not fix the problem. No codes either. I checked my fuses and found two blown. Trailer parking lights and fuel pump. The fuel pump one is odd because i have had no problems and I am able to drive the truck lol. I replaced them both and checked they are still ok. So where to go next? Clockspring? Is there anything else I can check? Really dont want to throw a new clockspring in without knowing its bad. Thanks.

eeehabt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cruise control is not working on my 09 yukon xl denali. The button lights up on the steering wheel but never engages when trying to set it. I have already replaced the brake light switch which did not fix the problem. No codes either. I checked my fuses and found two blown. Trailer parking lights and fuel pump. The fuel pump one is odd because i have had no problems and I am able to drive the truck lol. I replaced them both and checked they are still ok. So where to go next? Clockspring? Is there anything else I can check? Really dont want to throw a new clockspring in without knowing its bad. Thanks.

As I said before,
If it's not the brake switch, it will be the coil under the steering wheel airbag (clockspring). Mine behaved exactly like yours. Everything was fine but the cruise control. The horn was OK. I hooked up my tech2 and drove it. At a U-Turn, the scanner showed that the cruise engaged and disengaged after I finished the turn. I changed the coil underneath the airbag and everything was back to normal.
Check this video for clarification:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QBthAHIwM

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you replace your clocksprings yourself? I watched the video, doesnt look that bad though I dont have a steering wheel puller. Guess I would need to get one.

Denarli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My cruise control is out also. This info is helpful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r