Creaking sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have replaced my sway bar links, tie rods, brakes, cv axel and now have a creaking sound that is almost always present when driving and sounds like it is coming from the driver's side wheel well. I have looked at all the components and nothing screams an issue, I thought maybe I would see something loose or something that would scream an issue, but nothing. I did grease tie rods and ends. Looking for suggestions on what to do and to look at. Thanks!!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you do the sway bar bushings, where it connects to the frame? I did mine and used Syl-glide to lube them.

You could have someone jounce the truck a bit while you're watching and listening underneath.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Did you do the sway bar bushings, where it connects to the frame? I did mine and used Syl-glide to lube them.

You could have someone jounce the truck a bit while you're watching and listening underneath.
Agree does it do it if you bounce the front end up and down-you can disconnect sway bar end links to eliminate that.You need to be able to make it happen so you can get underneath and listen closely for it.If you do find the area can of penatrant to isolate then repair that part.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the steering shaft and u joints on it. They can transfer a lot of noise.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score

$20 says it's This.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9