1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creaking sound

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by Shtiv, Apr 17, 2021.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. Shtiv

Shtiv Member

Name:
    Shtiv
    I have replaced my sway bar links, tie rods, brakes, cv axel and now have a creaking sound that is almost always present when driving and sounds like it is coming from the driver's side wheel well. I have looked at all the components and nothing screams an issue, I thought maybe I would see something loose or something that would scream an issue, but nothing. I did grease tie rods and ends. Looking for suggestions on what to do and to look at. Thanks!!

2. Fless

Fless Full Access Member

Name:
    Steve
    Did you do the sway bar bushings, where it connects to the frame? I did mine and used Syl-glide to lube them.

You could have someone jounce the truck a bit while you're watching and listening underneath.

Merc1973 likes this.
  3. corvette744

corvette744 2004 Z-71

Name:
    Illinois
    Agree does it do it if you bounce the front end up and down-you can disconnect sway bar end links to eliminate that.You need to be able to make it happen so you can get underneath and listen closely for it.If you do find the area can of penatrant to isolate then repair that part.

4. livingez_123

livingez_123 Full Access Member

Name:
    Robert
    Check the steering shaft and u joints on it. They can transfer a lot of noise.

5. Merc1973

Merc1973 Full Access Member

Name:
    Merc1973
    $20 says it's This.