Cracked Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been combing through this thread and many others and there seems to be a ton of conflicting opinions; is there a cap/cover/skin option that goes over the existing dash? Or is it best to replace the entire plastic unit? Thanks in advance.
There is a cap. It looks OK.... my opinion.... But it is so much better than a flapping piece of crap.

Attachments

• IMG_3661.jpg
    IMG_3661.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 22

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dashskin works for me. I don't even really notice it. I really enjoy the vehicle and at the price I paid its a win win for me....I am not OCD about it....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So someone I've never even met could bust my balls about it, apparently. I have read that it happens, leading me to be suspicious. I felt it was worth mentioning, provided I couched my statement in such a way as to convey it was merely spoken about. Thus the "some say" part of my statement. I'm not alone in my suspicion. Look at how many reinforce their replacements with epoxy, or add support under the center speaker.

Gotta love rumors. Great, now more people have read that it happens but apparently maybe it doesnt. :insane:
Just because some of us add epoxy to the new ones doesn’t mean they’re breaking. It’s just that it’s a $600 investment and $20 worth of epoxy couldn’t hurt.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me, I noticed today. tehre was just a crack that became a bit wider when air temp was colder... closed when was warmer. now (like in a pic above) one part slipped under the other. has anyone found a solution for this? (with solution I mean a fix that is not necessarilly perfect, but decent?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me, I noticed today. tehre was just a crack that became a bit wider when air temp was colder... closed when was warmer. now (like in a pic above) one part slipped under the other. has anyone found a solution for this? (with solution I mean a fix that is not necessarilly perfect, but decent?
Other than one of those ugly dash mats or ugly covers, no. I tried taking it out and using the hot stapler method on the underside which looked ok ( I could still see the crack ) but as soon as I reinstalled it, another crack or two appeared.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than one of those ugly dash mats or ugly covers, no. I tried taking it out and using the hot stapler method on the underside which looked ok ( I could still see the crack ) but as soon as I reinstalled it, another crack or two appeared.
that is what I wondered about too. even if I fixed the crack, I saw another 'method' won't it just crack elsewhere .. maybe even worse.

this is what I found:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz