Cracked Dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is what I wondered about too. even if I fixed the crack, I saw another 'method' won't it just crack elsewhere .. maybe even worse.

this is what I found:
Yes it will imo. When I did replace my dash, it was discolored in the areas where the cracks were and I was able to crack those areas easily, it was super brittle. The areas away from that were pliable and I could bend pieces and they wouldn’t break. But those areas- by the airbag and over the cluster- could be broken just by slightly bending them, super brittle. I don’t know if the cracks caused the discoloration/ brittle areas or the other way around but I see no way to fix that once it cracks. That guy in that video didn’t even pull the airbag which takes 10 minutes- I couldn’t watch any more after I saw that.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will imo. When I did replace my dash, it was discolored in the areas where the cracks were and I was able to crack those areas easily, it was super brittle. The areas away from that were pliable and I could bend pieces and they wouldn’t break. But those areas- by the airbag and over the cluster- could be broken just by slightly bending them, super brittle. I don’t know if the cracks caused the discoloration/ brittle areas or the other way around but I see no way to fix that once it cracks. That guy in that video didn’t even pull the airbag which takes 10 minutes- I couldn’t watch any more after I saw that.
I wondered about the airbag too... one wouldn't want to glue anything to it by accident

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
For those with the updated dash how long have you had it installed?

I may be worrying needlessly because other than the part number difference the new and old dashes from my truck seem identical in every way.
:hmmm2:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those with the updated dash how long have you had it installed?

I may be worrying needlessly because other than the part number difference the new and old dashes from my truck seem identical in every way.
:hmmm2:
Mines been in a year or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts