Cost of used Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I call BS......
for SUVs and trucks Everyone is unloading huge supply low demand due to the gas prices = prices lower

gas price in so cal is about $4.19 a gallon for regular(higher in some areas)...

when you get 10 mpg in your 5.3L, 8-9mpg in your 6.2

Around town and in traffic..... yeah.... don't BS me you don't get 17-22mpg around town....

since using the AFM disable chip i still get the same MPG 25 on the highway, 19-21 in town...(17-18 if it's windy out)..

Last edited:

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BG- You got your head stuck somewhere...used vehicle prices are up EVERYWHERE....Supply of NEW and USED is down across the country...many factories idled due to parts shortages. You have your own perception which is inherently wrong on this subject.

Good luck selling your vehicle.

And 8-9 mpg in my Denali....Please you are so far wrong on this- 12-14mpg

OP
OP
L

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it must be imagery because prices here in california are they same as they were in 2018

First is a snapshot of 2007 Tahoe in CA, the second is in BC. Considering the Cdn dollar is worth about 80 cents, prices are comparable. The CA Tahoe would be about $13000 Cdn. BG might be correct when comparing prices from 2018, but I don't remember prices being this high in BC 3 years ago.

This 2007 Tahoe is 14 years old. When I got my Tahoe about 5 years ago, the going price for a 4x4 Tahoe (like the ones below) was about $8000 Cdn which would covert to $6400 US. This means that within 5 years, prices have shot up approximately 75%. This is unreal, and out of my budget if I were buying today.

I know price varies depending on condition and mileage, but not that much.

2007 Tahoe CA.jpg 2007 Tahoe BC.jpg

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
asking price is not the selling price
also were going by 2018 prices they were the same amount locally

OP
OP
L

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
asking price is not the selling price
also were going by 2018 prices they were the same amount locally

I'm pretty sure if you were asking $15000 for a 2007 Tahoe here, and I offered $8000, you'd probably smack me.

Also, I am comparing asking prices, and asking prices here in BC in 2018 were not nearly as high as they are now. Maybe CA asking prices were higher than anyone else?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yea, Cali has more full service, cappuccino serving car washes than many states have fast food restaurants. Warm weather sells bikinis and boats that drive the need for the SUV and CMV.

Cali invented the game to press the flesh for selling super sized SUV by creating the subliminal soccer mom motif (that Moms don’t seem to mind).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the resident Village Idiot running around trying to convince us prices are the same or falling on these GM SUV's.....Meanwhile customers of the 21's are waiting MONTHS....

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Perception. Current market value baby. If there’s a gas shortage on the East coast it begs the fuel Industry to raise the price on the West coast.

Crazy sheep out here can’t resist topping off their tanks and filling up cans for $4.60 gal like it’s liquid toilet paper.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perception. Current market value baby. If there’s a gas shortage on the East coast it begs the fuel Industry to raise the price on the West coast.

Crazy sheep out here can’t resist topping off their tanks and filling up cans for $4.60 gal like it’s liquid toilet paper.

So my wife and I were pondering the panic buy mentality.

We agreed that if it was discovered an asteroid was hurtling toward earth and everyone would perish, while the toilet paper shelves were being picked clean, we would clear the ice cream from the freezer case.

A freezer full of Chocolate Chocolate Chip would take the sting out of a looming apocalypse. :)

Reaction score
Gas shortage? Gas hoarding? High gas prices? Haven't really noticed! [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71