Cost of used Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pologreendenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have the resident Village Idiot running around trying to convince us prices are the same or falling on these GM SUV's.....Meanwhile customers of the 21's are waiting MONTHS....

I priced a 2021 surburban z71 thats about to hit local dealership in a few days at 66k before taxes msrp. i can put 7k down and 36 month lease wants 700 a month.

On the other hand, i can go finance a used 10-15 year old tahoe yukon for 15-20k with the 7 down, get hit ******* interest, and have a potential thousand dollar repair bill every other month. (almost everyone i know with the 5.3 flex fuel from 07-2018 has told me they had issues that required dealership service and even engine replacement in one case)

Lease new and exercise the buy option at end or walk? Or finance a ten year old yukon that will probably be worth 5k in 2 years after the chip shortages clear up and 5 dollar gas hits.

I was really really wanting to see more yukon denalis 08-2014 year on the market for under 20k but its very difficult right now. most are 22-30k if the mileage is reasonable and that will require financing. 7k down on 30k still about 350-400 a month after taxes on 60 month term

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I priced a 2021 surburban z71 thats about to hit local dealership in a few days at 66k before taxes msrp. i can put 7k down and 36 month lease wants 700 a month.

On the other hand, i can go finance a used 10-15 year old tahoe yukon for 15-20k with the 7 down, get hit ******* interest, and have a potential thousand dollar repair bill every other month. (almost everyone i know with the 5.3 flex fuel from 07-2018 has told me they had issues that required dealership service and even engine replacement in one case)

Lease new and exercise the buy option at end or walk? Or finance a ten year old yukon that will probably be worth 5k in 2 years after the chip shortages clear up and 5 dollar gas hits.

I was really really wanting to see more yukon denalis 08-2014 year on the market for under 20k but its very difficult right now. most are 22-30k if the mileage is reasonable and that will require financing. 7k down on 30k still about 350-400 a month after taxes on 60 month term

You live in The Tenderloin and you are going to get a Suburban?

You sure about that?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything i have read says get the 6.2 if you go 2007-2014, but was told to avoid 07 years specifically.
I have an '07 and it's been fabulous. 220K on the clock and would drive it cross-country tomorrow with no hesitation. It's all in how they're cared for and both of our Denali's eat caviar and truffles, and get regular spa days. Lol.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DTOM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone seeing new Tahoes, Yukes and 'Burbs at the dealers yet? We have some high volume places around that currently have anywhere from a half dozen to a dozen of each listed as incoming but they're starting around $60k baseline and just go up from there. That's about a 20% increase in pricing from over the last year and half here locally.

As for used, CPO doesn't even exist unless you're looking to spend $50k on something 2-3 years old.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone seeing new Tahoes, Yukes and 'Burbs at the dealers yet? We have some high volume places around that currently have anywhere from a half dozen to a dozen of each listed as incoming but they're starting around $60k baseline and just go up from there. That's about a 20% increase in pricing from over the last year and half here locally.

As for used, CPO doesn't even exist unless you're looking to spend $50k on something 2-3 years old.
Check out Bommin Chevrolet Dadeland in Miami. They have another place in Homestead but barely ever see any there.

You should be asking your question in the 2021 section.

For those looking for 2007-2014 Tahoes they have a sprinkling of them but they go extremely quickly.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah if my hoe is worth 34k, sold!!!

I'll go back and fix my fkn S10
Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes (GIF Image)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
According to my tech friend that owns his own shop, my rig is worth $25k to $30k with all the work we both have done to it and still not finished. Don't plan on selling it but I do have a friend at my American Legion that has a wife with an 02 Z71 with 125k miles and is pristine and is the tan/light brown color that I have never seen before except for that one. I offered $10k for it and offer is good till end of July. At that point, if still may sell, I will bring it here and get it in the air and pick it apart. If I like it better than mine, I will sell mine. If not, I will keep mine and do a few things to it and sell it. If I get to buy it. We shall see.