Corvette Servo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I determine which transmission I have and what is the benefit of this mod?

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98029
First off, let's answer some of the questions always asked...

Q: What benefit does a Corvette Servo give you?
A: You'll get firmer, faster shifting, and about 50% more holding power in second gear, which is where the 700R4 or 4L60E transmission really lacks in quality.

Q: How much money are we looking at?
A: I bought mine on eBay, from Oregon Perfomance Transmission. $32.50 shipped to my door in 3 days. These guys are fast, and have great customer service.

Q: Can I do it myself?
A: Can you work a screwdriver and a C-Clamp? If so, then yes. If you can change your oil or brakes, you can do this.

Q: What tools will I need?
A: A few flathead screwdrivers (small and medium), a prybar, a drip pan, C-clamp, 10mm socket and ratchet, and a few rags.

Ok, enough Q&A... let's get this thing done.

I plan to do this when I get around to servicing (flush and new filter) the trans.

Any other accompanying mods that I should know about?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ediDJ13

ediDJ13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2004 Tahoe 4WD LT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
Not to jack the thread, but I already had the Sonnax boost valve installed a while back which is supposed to help with line pressure. Not sure why I didn't do the vette servo at the same time. Any problem running both?

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Answered my own question by calling my trans shop. He explained swapping to the vette servo would be overkill since I already have the boost valve. It will probably shift too hard. He also explained the boost valve is the better choice of two because it increases line pressure throughout the shift range, whereas the vette servo only affect 2 and 4. Just FYI.

OP
OP
ediDJ13

ediDJ13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not to jack the thread, but I already had the Sonnax boost valve installed a while back which is supposed to help with line pressure. Not sure why I didn't do the vette servo at the same time. Any problem running both?

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Answered my own question by calling my trans shop. He explained swapping to the vette servo would be overkill since I already have the boost valve. It will probably shift too hard. He also explained the boost valve is the better choice of two because it increases line pressure throughout the shift range, whereas the vette servo only affect 2 and 4. Just FYI.

What it this " Sonnax Boost Valve" you speak of??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much work is this to change?

10 min at most... On a lift and if you know what you're doing. If you mess it up though, you're tranny won't shift in to gears

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts