Corvette Servo Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so. From day one with my 04 Yukon 5.3L the shifting hasn't been totally perfect. It wasn't anything that concerned me and it still doesn't really. I would just like to fine tune it. It seems like the shifting just takes longer than it should. Like its a really soft shift that feels like it might slip but it doesn't. It's hard to explain but it's definitely not slipping, I know what a slip feels like (I owned a 99 Ford Exploder before this).
I've been reading about the Corvette Servo install and how it's supposed to firm up the shifting and stuff. I'm pretty sure I can tackle it myself. But I have some questions I want to ask before I do decide to install it, just to make sure. Thanks in advance. I always appreciate it.

-Would installing the Corvette servo sound like it would fix my problem?
-Just how firm would the shifting feel if it was installed? I don't want an over the top shiftkit-like shift.
-I've heard that installing it could also cause trouble in something else because it builds more pressure than normal. Could that be true?

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installing one will makes your shifts feel more solid. Not harsh at all, it'll feel like how you expect a trans to shift.

I installed one and also had the line pressure turned up a bit and lets just say you know when my trans shifts lol.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Great, that's exactly what I wanted to know. How long have you had yours installed?

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... Ordering it now haha. I do have to drain the transmission right? That's not a problem except I just changed the filter yesterday... Haha

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, no need to drain the pan. The cover is on the passengers side of trans. I know there is a write up on here somewhere. It's pretty simple

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well even better then. I don't know why I thought you had to... I just remember skimming through a write up and reading something about a catch pan.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a great cheap mod you can do to your truck..and it actually lenghtens the life of your trans because of the redused slip...under medium acceleration youll feel it firm and solid..its when you go WOT that you will get a bit of a pull during the shift which i think is awesome

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm definitely sold. Mine should be here in a few days. Can't wait to install it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14