Corsa exhaust tips staining? *PICS*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Corsa Exhaust is only a few months old. I love it. I wash my car at least every two weeks. I washed my car last night and noticed the Corsa tips are starting to stain. Is this normal? Seems like it started doing it in the last two weeks (I didn't notice any staining last time I washed my Tahoe).

Keep in mind this a Southern California Tahoe so I don't off-road, drive in salt, or any weather for that matter.

Attachments

• IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3170.jpg
    IMG_3170.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3171.jpg
    IMG_3171.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3172.JPG
    IMG_3172.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 46

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish my corsa tip looked half as nice as your does!! lol I emailed Corsa last month and asked them what they recommended to use to bring back the shine on their tips that wouldn't make the laser etched Corsa disappear and they recommended Brass-o! Give some of that a try and see if that helps your coloring out!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude you should see my tail pipe leading to the tip on my magnaflow, the tip is over the pipe so doesn't stain but the tailpipe turns bronze. every week I wash the truck, I use metal polish and do that until at least what shows from the rear is back to normal. That is a lot of heat and will keep coming back, but if you want to keep it looking custom, it's worth it

02ext24

Reaction score
My corsa tip discolors also.. It turns yellow every week! I just take a mothers power ball and a little bit of mothers chrome or stainless polish and it shines right up in seconds! You can do it by hand if you want takes a few mins but thats it! Takes the yellow look away everytime!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My corsa tip discolors also.. It turns yellow every week! I just take a mothers power ball and a little bit of mothers chrome or stainless polish and it shines right up in seconds! You can do it by hand if you want takes a few mins but thats it! Takes the yellow look away everytime!

Great advise, might have to try that soon!

02ext24

Reaction score
I was mad after the first week of having my corsa cat back kit and the tip discolored. But i figured out it shines up still i wasnt mad any more! Its like exhuast fumes build up a layer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909