Coolant pouring out over exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackmar401

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought the rear brake line went over the rear passenger wheel. There is at least 1 rubber hose pouring fluid down onto the exhaust. Just wanted to get the car home and right before getting home a low coolant warning flashed. It's now dark out and and I filled the radiator back up with bottled water and now have a light pink fluid dumping back out the back of the truck. It was a slow drip before when I first noticed it before driving home. So now I'm very confused as to a) why a coolant line would be running to the rear and b) of its coolant or if I just got hit with 2 unrelated problems at once which seems highly unlikely. It looks like 1 of the 4 rubber hoses separated like ¼". What is going on?

Edit. Further research tells me it's probably a coolant line going to the rear heater core.

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the rear brake line went over the rear passenger wheel. There is at least 1 rubber hose pouring fluid down onto the exhaust. Just wanted to get the car home and right before getting home a low coolant warning flashed. It's now dark out and and I filled the radiator back up with bottled water and now have a light pink fluid dumping back out the back of the truck. It was a slow drip before when I first noticed it before driving home. So now I'm very confused as to a) why a coolant line would be running to the rear and b) of its coolant or if I just got hit with 2 unrelated problems at once which seems highly unlikely. It looks like 1 of the 4 rubber hoses separated like ¼". What is going on?

Edit. Further research tells me it's probably a coolant line going to the rear heater core.
Yes, it is almost certainly the line going to the rear heater core.

OP
OP
B

Blackmar401

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, it is almost certainly the line going to the rear heater core.
It looks like it's a quick connect 90. The top that connects to the core nipples has tabs to press to release, now what about going into the rubber hose with steel end. Is that a quick connect I will need a tool for like fuel lines? Am I going to be able to get the broken piece of the nipple out of that hose end? Or will I have to replace or possibly cut and coupling the house somehow?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's a quick connect 90. The top that connects to the core nipples has tabs to press to release, now what about going into the rubber hose with steel end. Is that a quick connect I will need a tool for like fuel lines? Am I going to be able to get the broken piece of the nipple out of that hose end? Or will I have to replace or possibly cut and coupling the house somehow?
I am probably the best on to answer this as I have never had to deal with a fix back there. There are others here that are much more knowledgeable than I.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're talking about the heater "Ts" for rear heat, unless they've been changed to a different style all three connections on each T are quick connects. Example:

1649869975387.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076