Coolant leak in a 99 votec Yukon???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Y

yukonjon

Reaction score
Just ordered the parts for everything. Haven't done it yet as I'm out of country for the next few weeks. Should be ready for me as soon as I get home. It def wasn't the heater connect leaking but I'll replace it anyway. You guys just been buying those at autozone or is that a dealer part?

Ive decided im going to go ahead and do the spider injection, intake and head gaskets, valve adjustment, and clean and powder-coat anything I can while its apart. Not in a hurry to get it back up so I'll take my time and make sure everythings the way I want. I've also got a brand new set of borla shorty headers I might throw in. I know they don't do much for performance gains but I've got them with no plans for them unless someone wanted to buy them.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Whats the difference in quality between the dorman gasket set and the felpro. I heard the felpro wasn't as good in this case but can anyone confirm this?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Do not buy dorman gaskets. Buy only felpro. They also sell new lower intake bolts too. Want a little extra umph put comp cams 1.52 rockers in there. Only $200.

OP
OP
Y

yukonjon

Reaction score
Do not buy dorman gaskets. Buy only felpro. They also sell new lower intake bolts too. Want a little extra umph put comp cams 1.52 rockers in there. Only $200.

Whats the gain with the rockers? I was tossing the idea of a cam around but hadn't thought about rockers yet. Will def do the felpro gaskets then.

tlamot01

Reaction score

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
well for a vortec obs those are the wrong ones which would mess up the push rods if he used it on such but he might have messed something up too. like improper install. you want 1417-16 like i stated. I have not put them on yet cause i have other issues to deal with at the moment but don't let that deter you. you need the self-aligning type.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
and it is because 1. there is the legality of emissions. and 2. trying to get application data before and after a crossover design is a pain. But you know what I will very some engine block design info and some other data again to verify again. will also talk to several at comp cams AGAIN.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

and for what is is worth I will get some as soon as I can and put them on to be the guinea pig. I just don't know if it will be in june or july. so many other priorities right now.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
so just went thru gm data again and the rockers arm assemblys are the same between obd1 and obd2 on obs vortec 350's. hence the 1417-16 which fit 95's for example which is in the application guide should fit all vortec 350 L31's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA