cooki3mnster's build - The Black Pearl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95ADE776-9322-42AD-9F4F-84FD8E3B4C83.jpeg

Had some window tint done yesterday, and gave it a bath today. Looks pretty good if I do say so myself. Did 20% on the front windows to match the privacy glass, and a 5% window stripe on the windshield.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scored a great Craigslist com up today. Spohn upper and lower Del-sphere control arms for $300! Had to drive a ways to pick them up but met a super cool GMT800 enthusiast. Going to order up the track bar soon and get the whole package installed.

C34A4299-3D76-4AF8-BA97-8CB29A08788A.jpeg

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yukon rear.jpg

Got the Spohn control arms installed this weekend! The full install only took 2ish hours. While it was all apart I also installed some new parking brake shoes as the old ones were seriously smoked. So Far I'm happy with the controls arms, Spohn calls for 75ft/lbs of torque for the intall but I've noticed a bit of clunking on accel, and a bit when pulling in to steep parkign lots. I have about 250 miles on them so far and will probably retorque them closer to 100ft/lbs later and see if that remediates some of the noise.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its been quite while, I guess a baby will do that lol. I've been able to do a few things to the Black Pearl over the past year or so. Most notably is the new wheels and tires. I picked up some bronze Method Double Standards in 17x9 and some Falken Wildpeak AT3/W in 285/70/17. I'm over the moon with how it looks. I do need to find some lower mileage torsion bars as these ones won't hold the lift with the torsion keys adjusted. I've also rebuilt the front end with new everything. I found the clunking noise and it was a camber bolt that did not have a nut attached to it. I found the short in the harness that was killing my dash lights. There was an orange wire that ran from the drivers side fuse block in to the panel under the steering column that was chaffed and was shorting to the body. Other than all that general maintenance and driving it every where.

IMG-4487.jpg

IMG-4489.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844