cooki3mnster's build - The Black Pearl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update! I finally ordered some new front seat covers from lseat.com and some replacement foam for the drivers front seat. Really excited to get the seats wrapped and some more support.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update time! Finally got the seat covers from Lseat. The look great but the color is a little off compared to the old ones. The Lseat ones are lighter and more yellow than the OEM covers. That being said for $379 shipped for both front covers and all the bits I am thrilled. I also went ahead and replaced the drivers bottom seat foam as t was sagging quite a bit. The improvement in comfort is huge. I'm going to put it to the test this weekend on a trip to Grass Valley to pick up a soft top for Wife's Jeep. Also scored a pair of tow mirrors for $100 a couple days ago. They need a good cleaning but I love the way they look. I'll get a shot of the completed seats after work today.

IMG-1720.jpgIMG-1659.jpgIMG-1651.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Update time! Finally got the seat covers from Lseat. The look great but the color is a little off compared to the old ones. The Lseat ones are lighter and more yellow than the OEM covers. That being said for $379 shipped for both front covers and all the bits I am thrilled. I also went ahead and replaced the drivers bottom seat foam as t was sagging quite a bit. The improvement in comfort is huge. I'm going to put it to the test this weekend on a trip to Grass Valley to pick up a soft top for Wife's Jeep. Also scored a pair of tow mirrors for $100 a couple days ago. They need a good cleaning but I love the way they look. I'll get a shot of the completed seats after work today.

View attachment 363609View attachment 363610View attachment 363611
That might've been the color of your seats when they were new.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That might've been the color of your seats when they were new.
I don’t think so. Mine were 18 years old when I bought the new bottoms from Richmond and the new ones looked real close before I cleaned the old parts with Scrubbing Bubbles. Afterward you couldn’t tell the difference. Those unfortunately look like the wrong color.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think so. Mine were 18 years old when I bought the new bottoms from Richmond and the new ones looked real close before I cleaned the old parts with Scrubbing Bubbles. Afterward you couldn’t tell the difference. Those unfortunately look like the wrong color.
Yeah, the swatch they sent me initially looked really close to the OEM color but the finished product was a little too light. That being said I'll probably end replacing the rest of the covers over the next year or so. I'm just happy to have non torn covers and new foam. It's so much more enjoyable to drive now.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, the swatch they sent me initially looked really close to the OEM color but the finished product was a little too light. That being said I'll probably end replacing the rest of the covers over the next year or so. I'm just happy to have non torn covers and new foam. It's so much more enjoyable to drive now.
What's your old/replacement color code? Your color code is on a tag in the ds headrest, just raise it up and unhook the clasp under it. It's on a white tag.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the lower leather on both my front seats and did the up foam underneath Ed my drivers seat a couple years ago and I agree it makes the seat SO MUCH more comfortable!!

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your old/replacement color code? Your color code is on a tag in the ds headrest, just raise it up and unhook the clasp under it. It's on a white tag.
I think it’s “Dark Shale”

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F7FA94D6-75B2-40BD-8FE0-F93B741C37C8.jpeg

This pic really shows the color. It’s definitely lighter but I kinda like it. The quality is really nice and for under $400 to get both sides I’m not mad at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts