Converting back the Z55 Air Ride Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Wow, interesting how my ADHD, internet connection, and time allowed me to read (and understand) this entire thread, Thanks Joe, Swath, and others.
'07 yukon denali z55, new to me at 170K w/ 4 bad shocks, bags, and blown compressor.
New compressor, rear Arnott 2408? rebuilts and front ACDelco's from RockAuto got it back to stock plush and working. Both front ACDelco's failed < 20k miles (RA warranty replaced) and things have been good since 190K,
now at 250k, an intermittent DIC service suspension warning - no codes set. (bluetooth ODBII w. Torquescan on my smartphone).
I believe swb models suspension module is INSIDE (under rear seat) vs. top of spare tire on the 'burbans and XLs.
1. Anybody discover a failed suspension module on short wb models?
2. would a questionable BCM also cause this DIC message?
3. What is best (ie cheapest) way to get Tech2 functionality
a. i have an obdII BAFX plug in to bluetooth
b. is a subscription needed?
thanks from a longtime lurker,
Lou
ps. I nursed my '04 TBlazer to 334K miles and this is the best forum discussion I've seen.
Only high end obd readers read suspension codes. There's a thread on this forum that shows members that have a Tech II along with their locations. You might get lucky and be close to one of the members. They can scan the suspension codes for you.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
2nd on this and to those that contributed into an engineering mind like think tank pooling more and more info together.

By the time you’re done reading a thread like this anything else that occurred in your day you wanted to forget is, pooof, gone. Good Stuff!

Wow, interesting how my ADHD, internet connection, and time allowed me to read this… is the best forum discussion I've seen.

OP
OP
Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that complete Tech 2 packages are no longer advertised directly on the traditional channels (China knock-offs, which are basically the only ones available these days, but work just as well as the GM original), due to 'legalities'. But they are still available, if you join the site with a login and use their Message Center to reach out to them directly.

In my case, that would be AliExpress.

@Actifenpleinair, if your truck is a 2013 model or older, the Tech 2 is for you. Pay ~$350.00 now, and save yourself literally thousands of dollars in diagnostics and maintenance costs over the remaining life of your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts