Convert 4wd to 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about converting my 4wd to 2wd, just curious if anyone has done this and what all needs done?

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tail housing got Trans instead if transfer case I believe. Which I don't know if they requires a different rest drive shaft or not.

I feel like that would be it. Just remove the front diff, drive shaft, drive axels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from AWD to 2wd in my Denali, very easy swap. 2wd trans, longer rear drive line, remove the front diff, front axles and replace the front hub bearings with 2wd units. Or you can pull the outer CV joint and put it back in the hub and tighten the nut. either way works. I guess it depends if you replaced the hubs recently. There was no electrical work that needed to be done on mine, but yours will be different. You have 4wd and all of the wiring that goes with it.

OP
OP
boozer

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my mind completely after the small snow we got and about got stuck a few time trying to see how it would act in just 2wd. 4wd is here to stay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts