Console Sub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShaginWagon

Reaction score
I have a 03 LT Hoe. Really thinking of putting a sub in, nothing fancy. Just something for a little extra bass and punch. I already have the speakers replaced all the way around and a amp installed. From what I understand is there a sub in the center console? Is that worth replacing? I would love to keep the sub hidden or discrete as possible. Was thinking either using the center console or making the LR hidden sub an option.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I contacted Crutchfield about this yesterday. We have 2 options... One we can put under the middle console (if you have the one that attaches up to the dash) or one that goes under the second row of seats. The console option is over $600 and requires an amp. The under-seat one was more like $300 and also requires an amp.

I've seen a few people come up with installing a subwoofer in the molding on the left side cargo area. Those look clean but I don't know how well they work or if there is lots of vibration. That seems to be the cheaper route anyway if the price matters to you. Good luck! Let us know what you decided to do.

YukonVA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I contacted Crutchfield about this yesterday. We have 2 options... One we can put under the middle console (if you have the one that attaches up to the dash) or one that goes under the second row of seats. The console option is over $600 and requires an amp. The under-seat one was more like $300 and also requires an amp.

I've seen a few people come up with installing a subwoofer in the molding on the left side cargo area. Those look clean but I don't know how well they work or if there is lots of vibration. That seems to be the cheaper route anyway if the price matters to you. Good luck! Let us know what you decided to do.
It's crazy that the center console option is a JL Box with a 10W3v3-2 and that sub alone is $300. The box it comes in is valued at $369 for a total of $669. Pre-fabbed solutions are a costly solution.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have bench seats or captain's chairs in the second row seating in your truck? If you have captain's chairs, you could mount a sub box between the captain's chairs as another potential option.

OP
OP
ShaginWagon

ShaginWagon

Reaction score
Do you have bench seats or captain's chairs in the second row seating in your truck? If you have captain's chairs, you could mount a sub box between the captain's chairs as another potential option.

I thought about that, but I want to be as stealthy and visually out of sight. I have a bose system so my sources tell me I should have a sub in my console. Just don’t feel like taking it apart to figure out mounting and fitment.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a factory 00-02 sub box in my 2006 rear quarter panel. It has a Rockford sub and amp. I had to line everything with sound deadner due to pinging in the sheet metal.

I then wired the factory console sub the the Rockford amp. The factory console sub came to life after being wired to the aftermarket amp!

7988e4915d22e1f0a88f702bf9094802.jpg
2a5524201167eda11d48716edb98328a.jpg

I also found that MB Quart makes a sub that fits the factory sub box really well. I’ve installed a few of these with good results.
492f3dd5c5b5abf13c79a1105b31c218.png
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352671124194

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Yep, junk yard is the best option. Get the little clips from the donor truck for the box! Otherwise you will have to fab something to secure it. I have the quart sub-it’s ok for what it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts