Center Console 2nd Row.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the header explains….does anyone know if they make a center console/storage compartment for the 2nd row. I have 2nd row Captains Chairs. I am not necessarily needing a 2nr row console but wold consider if it was priced right, OEM fit and easy to install and remove if necessary. Most of the time my dog uses the empty space yo lay down and stretch out. Low in the floor for shade in the summer and some warmth for the winter. Mainly summer for shade he can not only stretch, but his water and kibble bowls are floor level so he is not stretching the body.

Not so much price…..well somewhat to a certain extent. The main goal of the thread was to see if the item is availabl. I understand dealer cost and mark up but again does the item exist. For local operations as extra storage space…My 2018 Explorer had one and pretty close to the front console but compartment hinge is at front and latech is rear….you guessed it…opens to the front. Had cup holders and came in colors to match the rest of the interior color theme. Easy to install with four flush mount bolts. The major item was remembering to install the “Blank Off‘ panel when the console is removed. The panel covers the rear mounting tab and also the welded anchor nuts for the rear mounting bolts. To be honest I really didn’t need it but it was one of those…..”Ask for it in the deal and see what the dealer says’ Just like the Explorer itself they called my bluff and said done!! I was able to sell it as a separate transaction after the trade in since it was. Not a window sticker item.

Just curious if this item exists.

Thanks!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not seen or heard of one, but that does not mean that it does not exist. Other folks will chime in.

A few of us have used that space to locate a sub-woofer enclosure. Mine is pretty basic and covered in carpet that matches the other carpet in the truck. My dog likes to sit on it and look out the front window over my shoulder, when we go for a drive. Another member built cup holders into his sub-woofer enclosure.

BooBoo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife was actually just talking about doing something there for when our grandson visits. I was thinking about some sort of base storage between the seats with one of those swing-out tables that you see in the Van / Schoolie builds. Time will tell, but maybe plywood with carpet similar to the flooring glued on to finish it off.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the plywood thing and built a platform that my dogs soft carrier sits on and zip ties to. He can walk right over the arm rest, across a wood “bridge” and right into his carrier to lay down. Excellent for traveling. When we get to our final destination, I take it apart and store it for the next trip. Let’s him feel like he is up riding with us vs. way in the back…..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9