Considering trading '13 Suburban LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Suburban LTZ with 70K miles and almost all the bells and whistles, and I love everything about it. However, after checking out a '13 Escalade ESV Platinum with the dual exhaust outlets and lovely exhaust note, and heated/cooled cup holders, I have an itch to trade in my truck. Would it be worth trading up for a higher mileage NNBS ESV Platinum (around 100k miles), or go for a '15 LTZ or even LT (around 120k miles)?
I know 100K miles isn't a big deal anymore, but I do like the notion of have a sub-100 vehicle.

i-7DnVPrf-L.jpg

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only you can decide whether that trade is worth it. Everybody will have a different opinion based on personal preference.

Me? I'd forget the trade of the vehicle and simply install a better muffler. I couldn't care less about the cup holder thing.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If u can get the ESV Platinum sub 100k with a service contract (SC) that covers all the bells and whistles you’ve got crème de la crème of GM.

You’ll also be purchasing when all the depreciation has fallen off. Expect to have the SC cover air bags/shocks, poss the susp’n compressor. Also the steering rack, radiator, front & rear seals on motor, trans, transfer case and pan gasket. Motor mounts and alt should be covered.

You WILL come out ahead with a SC if you have a GM dealer preform the 100k maint on time and validate the vehicles condition for the rest of the 4yr/40k SC. You’ll bank big if you purch pre 100k ESV Plat w/ a SC. It will cover your ass on any AC issues if you purch the right one. If the selling dealer does the SC repairs you will have $0 deductible if you have a disappearing deductible.

So ... ESV Plat, pre 100k, a SC to cover above stuff should run $3.5-$4k. The vehicle will hold its value and all you’ll be left with is replacing tie rods and control arm bushings eventually as routine maint. the SC doesn’t cover. DO upgrade the sway bars because the OE bushings will be worn. Bigger bars and poly bushings will make the vehicle drive better than new. MUST check for any broken exh mani bolts b4 purch and deduct repair cost or make dealer extract them. Do not purch a SC that has a capped value on repairing only the cost of what u paid.

I’m basing this on purchasing our 08 Denali XL AWD loaded w/ DVD, Navi, trailer bk, heated steering wheel, chrome 20’s purch for $19.5k in 2014 as a one owner truck. $3750 for an SC thru AUL and as of this Sat the SC has paid out almost $12k in covered repairs. Tomorrow the SC is replacing another radiator, front main eng crank seal, both rear axle seals behind the brakes.

The 12 ESV Plat you’re describing is highly sought after and built to go 200k on its platform. The SC will take care of all the upcoming items known to break and then some. The rest of the vehicle will hold its own. So ... if u can get a good SC on it for a min of 4yr/40k, trade in time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Suburban LTZ with 70K miles and almost all the bells and whistles, and I love everything about it. However, after checking out a '13 Escalade ESV Platinum with the dual exhaust outlets and lovely exhaust note, and heated/cooled cup holders, I have an itch to trade in my truck. Would it be worth trading up for a higher mileage NNBS ESV Platinum (around 100k miles), or go for a '15 LTZ or even LT (around 120k miles)?
I know 100K miles isn't a big deal anymore, but I do like the notion of have a sub-100 vehicle.

i-7DnVPrf-L.jpg

That's tempting but you've got 1-2 years more life with your lower mileage even though 100K isn't bad but what's the difference, $5-10k? You can get aftermarket cup holders and retrofit the same exhaust for less than that Q!

But that Tehama leather is really nice!

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally, would never own an escalde (es-ka-lah-day). I think they are pretentious, driven by people who want to look big and act bigger. :flame: That said.......the 6.2 is definitely a factor in support of the esky.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
After signing the Escalade purch ppwk that acknowledges being
pretentious, driven by people who want to look big and act bigger. :flame:
you can remove vehicle in pic below and paste in Plat Escalade pic fully knowing you’ll get approval with your Duck Dynasty sticker on back window. Lol

92dc94b0bdac9eaf98d2ea24ef66bd6c.jpg

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After signing the Escalade purch ppwk that acknowledges being

you can remove vehicle in pic below and paste in Plat Escalade pic fully knowing you’ll get approval with your Duck Dynasty sticker on back window. Lol

92dc94b0bdac9eaf98d2ea24ef66bd6c.jpg

Hey different strokes for different folks. My opinion is just mine and isn't strong enough to really try and convince anyone. Same goes with motorcycles. I ride a Goldwing and I'll bust a Harley owners balls just for fun.

Is that your burb?? Do you still have the push bumper to sell?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nah, that’s qcon’s pic not mine. Cram all the Caddie features and options in our XL Denali to stealth it out, I’d be a happy camper.

Can’t believe how happy my 6’3” wife is with the GM SUV platforms. She’s not high maintenance and watching those stems fold out of these trucks makes me happy. The Caddy bling is a status thing for the women where she works.

She’s a RN and they’re all so secretly competitive. I’d love to see her roll up in a 12 Escalade Plat at work. I’m more Yukon Denada myself. Happy wife, happy life.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way in hell would I trade for a 2015. I'd absolutely trade for the Escalade though. There is a lot of little stuff that is different about the Escalade that you don't realize until you own one. Just some examples: there is better insulation which make them quieter inside than the Tahoe or Suburban (the Denali does also have the "acoustical insulation package" though), the interior materials are better (the leather is better, the trim is real wood on the Platinum, the door panels are better, etc.), the side windows are better glass which have better noise and heat rejection (even without window tint), and obviously the 6.2L. Yes, the fuel economy is a little worse but the drivability is so much better than with the 5.3L that it is worth every penny in my opinion, it's very effortless to drive and doesn't have to down shift as much to keep up with traffic or go up hills.

I like the Tahoe's looks over the Yukon but a Tahoe LTZ costs the same or more than an equivalent age/mileage Yukon Denali or Escalade costs (at least in my area). I went and looked at a 2009 Tahoe LTZ a few weeks ago even though I'm not quite ready to buy again just because it was so close and I was curious. Their asking price was $5k more than I paid for my Escalade and only a year newer and the leather is cheap feeling and the door panels are all rubber and I was just standing there thinking I wouldn't even want to buy it if it were the same price as I paid for my Escalade. I understand why because the Tahoe is the most popular (supply and demand), people are afraid to buy "old" Cadillacs, people think the Escalade is "pretentious," etc. I like bang for my buck and the Escalade is it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts