First Suburban! Also, first time on the forum!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
FYI in Oregon and I believe Washington also, 4WD vehicles with snow tires with the little snowflake symbols on them don’t require chains, they surpass the requirement. I’ve never been checked to see if I’m carrying chains in Oregon in my AWD Denali. The owners manual states to not use chains anyway.
Washington’s chain requirement for 4WD requires that they are carried, not that they are used / installed. I want to say it’s the same for AWD (but they count some tire socks). Not sure about the Tri-peak snow rating.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington’s chain requirement for 4WD requires that they are carried, not that they are used / installed. I want to say it’s the same for AWD (but they count some tire socks). Not sure about the Tri-peak snow rating.
Sucks. Glad Oregon isn’t the same. I don’t have the clearance for chains since I’m lowered and I’m pretty sure they would hurt the transfer case if I did so there’s zero use for me to carry them.
Edit: now that I think about it, Oregon may be the same. Either way, I’m not carrying them. They can ticket me if they want. :laughing1:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne