Connecting accessory lights help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of LED cube lights that I am installing on my bumper. The installation for these lights says to connect to the battery. However, the battery terminals I have don't have a location for attaching accessories (no threaded post with a nut). The only threaded post and not that is on the terminals are there for tightening the ends to the battery post. I attached a picture of my terminal type. Is there another place on 2007-2014 models for accessing battery power for accessories without connecting directly to the battery?

PXL_20220831_001728671.jpg

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don’t. You’re gonna burn this truck to the ground. Pay someone reputable to install these lights. You have no business around a vehicle for any reason other than driving it, and I Seriously question your ability to do that.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about an accessory stud at the underhood fuse box? I'm not 100% sure if you can connect there, but I know you can on the 00-06 models. There's a few fused accessory studs on the fuse box on the 00-06 models, I connected my remote start power feed to one of them, and my HID headlight relays and Fog light relays to another one.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Install the positive lead on the main fuse block on the firewall on the passenger's side. Just be sure to install it on the side AFTER the fuse, and not on the battery side of the fuse. You can connect the ground wire to a ground post anywhere in the engine bay.

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install the positive lead on the main fuse block on the firewall on the passenger's side. Just be sure to install it on the side AFTER the fuse, and not on the battery side of the fuse. You can connect the ground wire to a ground post anywhere in the engine bay.
Can you share a pic of that?

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about an accessory stud at the underhood fuse box? I'm not 100% sure if you can connect there, but I know you can on the 00-06 models. There's a few fused accessory studs on the fuse box on the 00-06 models, I connected my remote start power feed to one of them, and my HID headlight relays and Fog light relays to another one.
there are a couple of posts on the fuse box of my 09 where it is supposedly 12v power supply to a trailer. I was planning to test that out as an option, but really don't know more about it and if it is constant or turns off with the ignition.