Connect wideband o2 through EGR circuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to need to tune the motor I'm swapping into my Tahoe. I don't like the idea of running wires all over the place, mounting gauge pods etc. I saw some people have wired a wideband o2 upto the EGR circuit. Then they read the EGR in their scanning software and transform voltage the figure to AFR.

Anybody here done that? There needs to be a trim setup / calibration on Wideband o2 (I believe). I'd love to know more details.

This or...

My buddy back in early 2000s had a built 5.0 mustang. He had an AFR gauge. However, it was just a little 7 segment display. I'd prefer something simple and discrete. That plugs in and can be easily removed. I really don't like these AFR pods. Anybody know of something like that?

FYI I'm going to be using HP Tuners.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to need to tune the motor I'm swapping into my Tahoe. I don't like the idea of running wires all over the place, mounting gauge pods etc. I saw some people have wired a wideband o2 upto the EGR circuit. Then they read the EGR in their scanning software and transform voltage the figure to AFR.

Anybody here done that? There needs to be a trim setup / calibration on Wideband o2 (I believe). I'd love to know more details.

This or...

My buddy back in early 2000s had a built 5.0 mustang. He had an AFR gauge. However, it was just a little 7 segment display. I'd prefer something simple and discrete. That plugs in and can be easily removed. I really don't like these AFR pods. Anybody know of something like that?

FYI I'm going to be using HP Tuners.

I have this on my truck.. running an AEM wideband and it's tied into my EGR circuit. My tuning was through Blackbear and my understanding is the a/f shows voltage from 1-5v through pin 55 circuit I believe. My autocal may have captured some readings. It's been a while since I looked at a data log. I have the gauge mounted in the dash in place of the cubby hole. No visible wires anywhere. Average person would not know its on the truck if i hid the gauge. Not familiar with the tuning side of it, but know it can be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288