Concerns with new generation Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude most test drive vehicles to see if they like the way the vehicle feels and handles. So why is what I said “highschool(ish)”

It appears we have a philosophical difference concerning test drives. When I test drive I go through a list of everything I've missed during previous test drives. I'm very critical and not there to love anything about it. I've dealt with service departments who can't replicate or put a dash panel back in place properly, your only defense against uncaring service departments is the test drive and it's only getting worse.

OP
OP
T

Thislife1977

Reaction score
It appears we have a philosophical difference concerning test drives. When I test drive I go through a list of everything I've missed during previous test drives. I'm very critical and not there to love anything about it. I've dealt with service departments who can't replicate or put a dash panel back in place properly, your only defense against uncaring service departments is the test drive and it's only getting worse.

Okay, you go to dealerships to visit service departments and do State Inspections. Maybe you should get a job as a mechanic or better yet on a assembly line...that way you can build your perfect SUV off your “to-do list”!

Nevertheless, thanks for your .02

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, you go to dealerships to visit service departments and do State Inspections. Maybe you should get a job as a mechanic or better yet on a assembly line...that way you can build your perfect SUV off your “to-do list”!

Nevertheless, thanks for your .02

You should buy the Yukon it is sufficient for you.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous! Lol. Probably have me to thank for all of your dependable rigs. I purchased mine in July 2020, so one of the first. I've had my fair share of issues and reported all of them. I believe GM made changes due to my complaints. I do think having a good dealer service department makes all the difference in the world.

Last edited:

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traveled another 400 miles in my Tahoe today and saw 3 or 4 other 21 Tahoes or yukons on the road here in Texas. There is a slight rattle from the driver seat belt column that I will have the dealer look at but no other issues. It was an extremely comfortable trip for all 4 passengers and lots of cargo. The front seats are far more comfy than any vehicle I've owned, especially for tall people. The Cooled seats also work better than the ones I had previously on my Toyota. Nothing but good things to say about this vehicle.

Reaction score
Yukon SLT purchased off lot Dec 1. 5500 miles, a round trip from Mi to Fl and pulling my camper to West Virginia next week. No issues other than replacing windshield fluid pump. Love it!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is so true. GM makes a hundred thousand plus of these vehicles a year. How many people have problems. How many people actually seek out these forums because they have a problem or two? A small percentage of the vehicles sold, I figure.

Yes I usually don't let these opinions totally sway me. They are good to know, but if I want it...its usually coming home...

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 1983 miles on mine, so far the only issue was a little creaking in the passenger side of the dash when hitting a decent sized bump in the road -- Houston roads will put any car to the test (my wife's BMW had a similar issue when it was new, accept hers was along the headliner)! Anyhow, the dealer adjusted the area under the speaker, and I haven't had any issues since.

My Yukon Denali was manufactured and delivered in Febuary 2021.
I get some noise from the area under the speaker as well. clunking sound, but I also hear it on startup like a vent is opening or something?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is Consumer Reports' top 20 ranking of the major automotive brands, according to their average reliability score:

Mazda (83)

Toyota (74)

Lexus (71)

Buick (70)

Honda (63)

Hyundai (62)

Ram (58)

Subaru (57)

Porsche (55)

Dodge (54)

Infiniti (54)

BMW (52)