Concerns with new generation Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not as lucky. We are in litigation with GM for the lemon law in Michigan. Ours was in the dealership for over 33 days due to fuel delivery problems and now it is known there is a batch of bad lifters and valve springs. There has been multiple recalls and over 200 TSBs. I would hold off until the 2022's come out. Hopefully by then GM will get a grip on the quality issues with their vendors.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard horror stories regarding this generation Yukon. Can anyone report a “no issue” post?

I have 1983 miles on mine, so far the only issue was a little creaking in the passenger side of the dash when hitting a decent sized bump in the road -- Houston roads will put any car to the test (my wife's BMW had a similar issue when it was new, accept hers was along the headliner)! Anyhow, the dealer adjusted the area under the speaker, and I haven't had any issues since.

My Yukon Denali was manufactured and delivered in Febuary 2021.

Edit (6/9/2021): Had a #2 cylinder lifter failure at 5,070 miles. Currently in the shop for repairs.

Last edited:

RockyMountainHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not a yukon, but a tahoe... i've had my '21 tahoe since OCT '20 and have 7k miles on it so far... not a single issue...

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the OP has the answer, as it seems like a resounding 'no issues' from the overwhelming majority of folks with the new trucks. No manufacturer is perfect, and not all of the trucks coming off the assembly line are perfect.

Roll the dice on the purchase and see what happens, as it appears that the odds are in your favor.

ang2bmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
21 Tahoe z71 bought October 2020. Thr beautiful beast has been amazing. No issues other than the 2 recalls which I did not experience an issue with

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Brkin990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought ours in November. 3700 miles and no issues at all. LT with 5.3. Love it!

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go test drive one and see what you think of the quality. I did and I'm waiting.