Component Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayeplussjr

Reaction score
I'm definitely thinking of replacing my stock Bose speakers with a set of components. I'm thinking of going with some JL components or a set of Hertz. Anybody have any preference over the other. I'm using just 1 10in. sub and my stock Bose speakers now, and I want some components to clear up the sound. I don't need anything too expensive but nothing too cheap either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
CDT! Something in every price range.

But out of those 2 Hertz would do it for me. Heard all the JL comps in demo cars not too impressed by them really.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im with wrench for once here.. JL components dont impress me..

and here it comes.. i sound liike a rep...

FOCAL 165 A1 6.5

$200 from amazon..

Or spend $300 and get the polyglass...

Will be the best set of speakers you have ever owned... hands down

You can do the Co-Ax from like $160.. and as most everyone knows.. i think unless youre gonna do a satellite mount for your components.. i.e. NOT MOUNT THEM RIGHT THE EFF NEXT TO THE 6.5.. then i would just run Co-Ax

Last edited:

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
Pioneer Premier 720 PRS
Phoenix Gold RSD
Image Dynamics CTX
CDT COM 626
Shok Industries
RD Audio Alpha

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
The A pillar raises the stage height.

I think this is the only real noticeable difference the Bose system has over stock. Which gives a better illusion of sounding good!

A Pillar is where I would go because the dash eats up reflection at those frequencies low in the door. Try the tweet on and off axis before final installation though. Just move it around with double sided tape for a little while. Get used to hearing it there then move it there etc...

A 4" comp set in the A pillar would be sweet. I'd do it again if who I were using had one. Then just stick a 6.5 mid in the doors for the bottom end.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 or even a 6.5/3/tweet setup would be siiicckkkk...

But yea if youre gonna run components run the tweets in the apillars.. and like wrench said if you can get away with aiming them a lil more towards you as opposed to the flat axis their on.. id do it..

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hertz
Genesis
Hybrid Audio Clarus
Hybrid Audio Imagine (<$200)
PG RSD
JBL GTi 606c
JBL GTi 660

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like the PG RSD are the only ones we all agree on.. lol

The ID ctx are sick too .. and the Hybrid Imagines.. sound super tight

Im just a super massive focal fan.. i personally dont think there is a speaker set on the market that can hang with it..

this is a video of my jag with 4 sets of focal polyglass co-ax in it.. from just under 300 yards away... any static or distortion is from the mic on my camera phone.. NOT the speakers..

[yt]urrIqHOuHto[/yt]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01