Cold start hesistation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwinters14

Reaction score
Just bought a used 07 burb with 144k on the clock. 5.3L flex fuel. Truck started and drove perfectly fine but about 3 days ago ive noticed it struggling to turn over after resting for awhile. Once cranked over it starts fine and drives fine. Here are the things that have changed since i bought the truck:

Installed aftermarket sound system

E85 fuel.

Now when i go to start the truck my voltage is between 11.8-12 volts, and drops to about 10.1 when cranking. I primed the fuel pump after sitting for 12 hours and it still struggled to turn over.

Any ideas/things I can try to narrow down the issue?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have the battery tested, anything under 10.5v on these trucks is not good and they tend to do goofy stuff then.

OP
OP
D

dwinters14

Reaction score
Update: Got the battery and alternator tested at autozone and they read okay. Today I was driving and the engine died, steering went stiff and I heard a loud screeching noise for about 5 seconds. Pulled over to the side of the road, tried to start it and it'd die almost immediately, very rough idle. Now it won't turn over at all, just cranks. I swapped the alternator just because I had one and the same issue, just cranks and no fire.

No leaks, engine sounds like it's turning over, coolant level is full, engine oil is 2 ticks down from full. Could my fuel pump have given up? I don't have the means to test it, and will get it towed to a shop tomorrow to get some more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts