Cold air only!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RB70H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off let me say that I am new here and looking forward to learning from the best! I have searched around here but did not find my exact problem.

I have a 02 Tahoe LT Autoride with front and rear hvac. I work on the road so I am limited for tools etc. The front system blows cold air only, the blower works as it should, the control to change from floor, dash, defrost works as it should. The temp control does not change the temp at all it is always cold.

When I press the outside air or inside air buttons they blink 3 times then will not stay lit the A/C button does the same blink 3 times then will not stay lit.

Both of the heater hoses are hot as they should be. The rear system works as it should. The only problem is the front system only blows cold air.

02 Tahoe 210,000 miles owned it since 04 has been a great vehicle!

Thanks RB

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
several threads on here about re-calibrating the system actuators. I think there are two actuators the blend door actuator and the BiLevel actuator if I remember correctly? If the recalibration procedure does not work you will have to replace the bad actuator, not a big expense or a lot of trouble. Google is your friend if you cannot find a thread here tons of youtube videos out there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hot/cold blend actuator is probably stuck, should be the one closest to the blower motor under the passenger side kick panel under the glove box, you can check it visually once the kick panel is off just take out the 3 or 4, 7mm or 8mm screws, youtube has a ton of videos on it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This will give you something to look for. This may not be the exact one you need but there are many options at RA. Lots of threads here about the same type of problem. You also want to make sure the door itself is moving freely when you decide to replace an actuator.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=85483&cc=1380372&jsn=4562

By the way, welcome to the forum from Oregon.

OP
OP
R

RB70H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I will try that tonight

OP
OP
R

RB70H

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How can you tell if one of the actuators is bad or if the HVAC climate control is bad ?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
While watching it when it is supposed to be working, just see what it does from under there and then you know. You can also remove it but keep plugged in and watch to see if the mechanism is moving and you can check for free movement with the door at the same time. Or you buy a Tech 2 at ebay and it will allow you to actuate them all, reset if needed, and verify operation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645