Cold Air Intake (CAI) on 2013 6.2L - worth doing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad, gov.
Shoulda rang @Rocket Man about MpG gains due to lowering.
Wha? Why would you ring me about ANYTHING related to MPG? I’m running a cam, blower, headers, etc and lowering was done to improve looks and handling. I get about 8 mpg depending on how I drive, I can get a 10mpg average if I stay off the pedal long enough but I don’t and I don’t care. :yaoface2: :p ;)

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gained 2 MPG when I lowered mine and removed the roof rack. I also reduced the rake, but kept a noticeable amount. The rake angle is a factor in their aerodynamic design. Level or worse, squatted, would increase drag. They have a little more rake than necessary to have more rear travel when loaded or towing, sacrificing a tiny amount of optimum aerodynamics. I rarely tow or haul and have air bags so I opted for maximum slipperiness. The 22s cost me a solid 1 MPG.

OP
OP
LurkingLuke

LurkingLuke

Reaction score
[Not really an] Update:

Yukon is in the collision repair shop (thank you, ma'am, for not knowing how to leave a parking space without scraping my bumper) for 2 weeks. Will have to wait to install CAI.

OP
OP
LurkingLuke

LurkingLuke

Reaction score
The Yukon is back from repairs and paint, ready to install CAI. Except I need to get myself psyched a bit more first. I have no garage, nor even a carport, nor even a tent (I had a superb and affordable tent not long ago).

When I don't mind the weather quite so much, I'll swap to the [dry---no washing and oiling required] K&N CAI and let you have a listen/look at the results. TTYS!

- Luke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879