Cold Air Intake (CAI) on 2013 6.2L - worth doing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad, gov.
Shoulda rang @Rocket Man about MpG gains due to lowering.
"Reducing the height and width of the car can reduce the frontal area, but there is a limit to how small this area can be since people must be able to sit comfortably inside the vehicle. Therefore, the easiest method of decreasing drag is to lower the coefficient of drag of the car [3]. The coefficient of drag of a vehicle depends predominantly on the shape (Fig. 2). Therefore, vehicle designers change specific aspects of the shape of the body of the vehicle in order to reduce the total aerodynamic drag and thus increase fuel economy."
ref: https://illumin.usc.edu/drag-reduction-the-pursuit-of-better-fuel-economy/

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure there is some give & take in Vehicle design between what is visually appealing, is quiet, roomy and etc and also economical and able to be mass produced at a profit.
a lowered vehicle may scrape on the ground, be more prone to collecting mud & dirt and water exposure, etc...

Reaction score
Um, no thanks?
Last time I hit a small pothole with a minivan, the minivan was all,
'Wanh. I need a new tire and strut.'
The Z71 thinks it's just a bump.
I was referring to lowered SUVs. They look like mini vans and have about the same people/cargo space.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah.
In that case, yes, minivans become much more competitive with LOWERED bubbas / XLs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n