Chevy Tahoe p0443

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'll likely need to do some further testing with a bi-directional scanner that can look deep at some live data and run some tests. The purge solenoid circuit might have an issue.

OP
OP
T

Timdenn180

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You'll likely need to do some further testing with a bi-directional scanner that can look deep at some live data and run some tests. The purge solenoid circuit might have an issue.
Any idea if there’s a fuse for the Evap purge solenoid?

OP
OP
T

Timdenn180

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, the PCM controls it.
Okay when I changed the canister it was clearly bad charcoal beads fell out. I attempted to blow the lines out best I could I only seen beads in the line going to the gas tank nothing came out the line going to the purge valve.

OP
OP
T

Timdenn180

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay when I changed the canister it was clearly bad charcoal beads fell out. I attempted to blow the lines out best I could I only seen beads in the line going to the gas tank nothing came out the line going to the purge valve.
Okay so I blew out the line going from the purge solenoid to the Evap canister now I’m getting new codes fuel system too rich bank 1 and fuel system too rich bank 2 along with the original code p0443. What did I do???

OP
OP
T

Timdenn180

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am just stumped. Changed all the Evap parts and still have the p0443 code it won’t go away

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just stumped. Changed all the Evap parts and still have the p0443 code it won’t go away
Check the wiring to the evaporator purge solenoid in the engine compartment for any damage and that the connector is tight.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you clearing the code with a scanner and it's coming back?

Or it doesn't go away on its own? If this, it can take several drive cycles to clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu