Charlotte: Chronicles of a $100 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omandave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome looking project, definitely subscribed. thank you for taking the photos along the way. It is interesting to see the teardown rebuild. I find it educational! Cheers!

headala

Reaction score
Love this thread and love seeing the progress.

Is the surface rust on the frame parts under the dash a problem?

OP
OP
I

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Is the surface rust on the frame parts under the dash a problem?

No, at least out here in central california it is not. The surface rust is just that, surface rust. The inside of the truck should never see any more weather than the inside of most any cars so it should not get any worse. It shouldn't get wet, so no worries of drips staining the carpet or any other parts, plus the parts are only there to hold things together and do not really support much structure. Some of the parts I ordered for one of my 2003 esky's had about the same amount of surface rust on it from the factory. I totally expect the truck to fall long before i would begin to worry about the dash structure.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s been over 3 months- any progress or did you give up?

OP
OP
I

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
This thing get sent to the scrap yard?

Yeah it’s been over 3 months- any progress or did you give up?

LOL NO! you wish... lol

so this thing got moved to the back burner for a while... my original reason for building this truck was smashed to oblivion right after my last post. I have been meaning to post a reply with an explanation for a while, work kept me to busy to post. now work has slowed down sooooo, here is the latest.

My friend who i was building this for had no idea and really nobody knew about this except the people of this forum and one of our mutual friends. So one day i stopped by his work just to say hi and see how things were going. I was informed that my friend up and quit his job of over 11 years out of the blue with no notice, just quit. I asked our mutual friend where he went. I was informed that Josh had gotten the job offer of his dreams (literally of his dreams he talked about wanting this job forever) and his wife and family of 4 kids packed up and moved literally overnight to JAPAN!

so with that being said this is on the back burner for a while. I am still working on this slowly and when i feel like it rather than as if it is a necessity. I have recently purchased another basket case that is more to my way of things. I will be starting a build thread for that one and the other trucks i am working on, 5 at the same time! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic