Charlotte: Chronicles of a $100 Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
I love "before" and "after" comparisons. Looking forward to progress!

I will take more pics first chance I get. I am hoping change happens fast as I wish this will be done around Christmas.

I usually get pics of my rigs always parked in almost the exact same spot for comparison photos.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually get pics of my rigs always parked in almost the exact same spot for comparison photos.

Same here! I plan on doing exactly this when I lower mine. Markers on the concrete for the tires and camera positions, etc. I did this for comparison vids when I swapped my muffler. If it wasn't for the two different time of days, and wheel clocking, you'd think I changed the muffler without moving the Tahoe.

OP
OP
I

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
There are some projects that need to be left behind.... for me this is one of them....

Good luck

Normally I would agree in on this case, but I have been needing to do this for a while. I have been looking for the best rig to 'donate' that will cost me the least amount of out of pocket cash. Remember that I have honestly probably 85% of everything I need to do this. Odd bits and Bob's will be the largest expenditures.

Also I mentioned that it will be a bit of a Franken-hoe. Meaning I don‘t care in this instance of the front left seat doesn't match the right side of the rears, I will try to keep the door panels same but if I cannot, oh well! I am building this to be dependable and safe and then give it away. If they complain about the mismatched parts, Joke 'em of if they can't take a f%¢k.:devilfinger:

Last edited:

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who you giving this to?

Great project BTW

OP
OP
I

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Made a little progress tonight after work. I was able to get the heat/AC ducting back in place and the metal parts of the dash supports installed as well as the big plastic dash frame installed.

I discovered that the metal dash supports are different from 99-02 vs 03+. There are a couple extra dash pad supports in the older version that don't seem to be there in the 03+. Perhaps I have misplaced them but ??

20190924_174318.jpg

Also found and cleaned up the vast majority of the radio install rats nest.

20190924_174357.jpg